Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1318 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Where can you get a thin black carbon fiber one?
I found a few on e-bay, But I don’t know the quality for around $35.00.

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
FINALLY got word my Texas registration is complete, so I'm getting my vanity plates installed today at the dealership... woohoo!!! Are you all putting a frame around your plate or just mounting it directly onto the vehicle without a frame? I don't really want a frame on my plate. Thoughts to a cleaner look?
I felt the same way so I purchased a black matte finished metal frame (with plug inserts over the screws) for RedHot. I felt the black frame would fit nicely with the black surround. :cool:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'll get a vanity plate when my car comes in the spring. I don't want to list it here so some other Michigander can take my idea. The three that I have in mind are still available. Keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
680 Posts
With all of the carbon fiber around the plate already, I'm kinda digging just leaving it alone and painting the screws to match. Was able to put the front plate on without going over the hood side (just slightly curved the plate, drilled new holes into the original one shipped and reinstalled). Looks GREAT! I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like your idea for sinner, yllwstgr. I might do spd rcr here in California. Or how about [ths guy]. I could spell it out. Or do speedrcr

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nope only 7 letters

·
Registered
89 Posts
[SPD5RCR] is the available one

·
Registered
680 Posts
I like your idea for sinner, yllwstgr. I might do spd rcr here in California. Or how about [ths guy]. I could spell it out. Or do speedrcr
I like all of those. You need 7? I'd go with 5pdracr (use a number "5" instead of a letter "S"). SPD5RCR doesn't make sense to me. If letters aren't available, I would use numbers that look like letters.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like all of those. You need 7? I'd go with 5pdracr (use a number "5" instead of a letter "S"). SPD5RCR doesn't make sense to me. If letters aren't available, I would use numbers that look like letters.
Oh ya that makes good sense. I like it. - but ya the 5 in spd5rcr represents his vehicle being the Mach 5. I thought u kind of read it as speed racer and notice that there is a 5, rather than the 5 being in the way it's kind of in the background

41 - 60 of 1318 Posts