Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year our Canadian friends got the short end of the stick, with an abysmal start to the year in receiving the new StingRay. Only 11 StingRays were sold in the entire country during September, 2013. In comparison, 65 StingRays were sold in Canada last month. Let's keep that kind of improvment up. Very nice. Also glad to see confirmed allocation of Z06's going to our northern friends!

·
Registered
522 Posts
This is one of those confirmed Z06 allocations and, if I may, it's not the lack of interest, but rather, difficulty in obtaining same in Canada. I started out with a Stingray order and, well to be completely frank, felt like I was fed to the dogs with some of the practices seen. "We can take your money. We can't tell you how long our waiting list is or even where you stand, or even if we are getting any more allocations this year. Oh and by the way, we have several who have been on the list for a year or more" Canadian GM made a point of selling 2015's at 2014 prices to those who didn't get their 2014's for a reason... Even now, I am not a dealer but I have four people telling me they would jump at the opportunity to get a Z06 here if I come across another Canadian allocation. I was the guy who called EVERY qualifying Z06 dealer in Canada...to find that straggler nobody knew about. No proof but the number 28 as a total Cdn Z06 count has come up with several dealers.

All I can say is...only a Vette lover...eheh

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bla
Im still waiting just past the 1 yr mark. Just never a Z51 allocation . Pretty sad Im tryin to stay :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I believe the number was 122 in July, so 65 in Sept is not a big number. With winter on it's way there may be a lot of Cdns who want to take delivery in Oct or Nov, spring should improve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts