Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have known that since its release, GM's has not been shipping many StingRays to Canada, in fact many folks been waiting over a year since they placed their deposits. We finally have some hard numbers to help us review where we have been, and perhaps help us extrapolate full year sales?

Thanks to GMAuthority.com we have learned, 2014 StingRay sales, January 1 through July 30th, have been 889 units. This compares to a total of 13,672 Chevrolet's sold during this entire time period.

July Canadian sales totaled 133 units. If 2015 StingRay sales were to continue at the second-half same pace as they were for the first-half, total 2014 calendar year's sales would be 1,778 StingRays.

GM Canada Sales Results July 2014 | GM Authority

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just got email. I'm at status 3000!!!! Is that good?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
Yes. Your vette is being built soon. Congratulations.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks elegant. You think
I'll see the car by October? The wait is killing me lol

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Just got email. I'm at status 3000!!!! Is that good?

ontariovette, congrats and soon you will be wheeling your new C7 masterpiece around Canada!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am going to guess these are 14 sales...When did you guys order and is there anything in your order that delayed? I am in for a 15 now...on the list with deposit.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Have they given you a TPW (target production week) yet? That is good to hear that you are in the first few to come to Canada. Judging on last years stats you will be in the list of about 1,000 sales in Canada of the 2015 model year. Let us know your last few digits of your Vin when you get it. It should be soon. Keep bugging your inventory manager at your dealership. Do you live close enough to go and see them in person so as not to rely on them emailing you?
CONGRATS on your purchase.............
STUNG:cool:

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
It is looking like Canadians may get close to 1,800 2015 StingRays based on a post from Elegant a few days ago.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It is looking like Canadians may get close to 1,800 2015 StingRays based on a post from Elegant a few days ago.
That is pathetic they better make sure those are mostly z51 models and not base models like the majority of 2014..
Getting tiered of seeing orders go in and Im still waiting since October 2013....:mad:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey Stung thanks!!
Ya I live 5 mins away from my dealer I bought from. If I go bug them will that help speed up my build date? Lol. If it does I'll camp out in their park lot. :)

No TPW as far as I know. I was told it's at 3000. How soon would I get a TPW and vin number?

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No TPW as far as I know. I was told it's at 3000. How soon would I get a TPW and vin number?
Hard to estimate, especially at the beginning of a model year with new options going on and off constraint, but best guess is two to three weeks.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
1 - 20 of 72 Posts