Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 1LT. I have owned this car a year now and notice where my arm/elbow rests on the center console or door armrest there are "dents" in the upholstery/foam. These indentations don't puff back out after sitting a while. This doesn't seem normal for any kind of cushioned/padded surface. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,361 Posts
My '16 center console cushion has the same issue, but not the door arm rests. I don't worry about it, if it gets too unsightly, I'll just get one of them fancy doo-dad covers.

·
Administrator
16,096 Posts
2019 1LT. I have owned this car a year now and notice where my arm/elbow rests on the center console or door armrest there are "dents" in the upholstery/foam. These indentations don't puff back out after sitting a while. This doesn't seem normal for any kind of cushioned/padded surface. Any ideas ?
You have several options for the center console. One is to order a new replacement armrest cover, another is to remove the cover and take it to a upholstery or luggage repair shop and have them replace the foam in the cover with a firmer foam. If you use the search community function, you can find members who have done each of those options. As for the door armrest, I have not heard of that being an issue, though similar options would apply.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My 7 did the same thing poor materials. I tried hard not to put pressure on them. Try a hair dryer...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the console issue but don't sweat the small stuff. There are DIY repair videos on youtube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts