Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Stingray Convertible Z51 3LT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to hear opinions on leaving my top down on my C7 for days at a time. Is it best to put it up after cruising on a nice day? I heard a day or two is fine but longer than that may be bad for the fabric?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Heard that as well. Longer it is down the harder to get the folded creases out of it .

·
Registered
2015 Black Exterior, Black Interior, Black ConvertibleTop. Z51 Pkg, Magno Shocks, Dry Sump,
1 Posts
Heard that as well. Longer it is down the harder to get the folded creases out of it .
As with any fabric convertible top, you should never store the car with top down. Keeping it closed keeps the mice and other critters away from your car and keeps your top looking new.

·
279 Posts
I always put mine up to avoide wrinkles. I did leave it down for a few days once and had to use steam to get the wrinkles out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was told years ago by a Mercedes dealer that you don't want to put the top completely up, it does not allow the fabric to rest. He recommended putting the top up but leaving an inch gap at the windshield and not sealing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts