Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Probably there are a few people on this forum who have already replaced the original Front Fender Extensions on your C7 Corvette Grand Sport with aftermarket ones already painted carbon flash metalic.

I would like to know if any of you would be willing to sell the ones you removed. If they are still in good condition and the price is right, I would be interested in purchasing them.

I imagine they would be more useful on my Stingray than collecting dust on your tablet.

Thanks for your attention .

Jules (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already found everything I needed.

I received my 2 front fender extensions a few days ago and have installed both. I can tell you it's not complicated and it fits very well even on a C7 Stingray.

So I sanded them, covered with 2 coats of primer, 4 coats of "Carbon Flash Metalic" aerosol paints manufactured by Car Quest Auto Parts and 4 clear coats.

I like the result, it changes the look
Hood Bumper Grille Automotive exterior Wood
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Eyewear
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,853 Posts
That's true but the modification is very very minor to install on the front of a stingray. However, putting them on the rear is more challenging but I have them on my front and rears and it was harder on the rears because my spats/extensions are real carbon fiber so you can't bend and twist like the plastic. This picture show them pretty good on both front and back.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Just a heads up, they don't fit normally on a Stingray. You will have to do some modifications to the wheel wells for installation.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's true but the modification is very very minor to install on the front of a stingray. However, putting them on the rear is more challenging but I have them on my front and rears and it was harder on the rears because my spats/extensions are real carbon fiber so you can't bend and twist like the plastic. This picture show them pretty good on both front and back.
View attachment 282693
View attachment 282693
Hi Kyle, you did an outstanding job on your car. Just beautiful. You'll have to come over and go for a ride in the C8 I just got' Can hardly wait to put it on the road.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,853 Posts
Hey Joe,
I remembered you were ordering so glad you got it. Did you sell your C7? My buddy gave me his C8 for a weekend and it’s a great car. He has money down also on C8 Z06 and will have both. We’ll connect when the weather breaks but post a picture here in the C8 section. Did you ever sell the Grand Sport Wheels?

Hi Kyle, you did an outstanding job on your car. Just beautiful. You'll have to come over and go for a ride in the C8 I just got' Can hardly wait to put it on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.