Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought perhaps I was on an island on this but personally, I do not really care for the rear light bezels being black. In my opinion, it draws too much attention to the downward facing part of the bezel. This evening, I ran across the following offering:

C7 Corvette Painted Taillight Bezels (Tail light)

This company will provide new bezels at a reasonable price that can match the color of the car. Picture shows one in yellow but not sure why they did not put a photo showing more of the rear rather than the angle they provided. Either way, I am considering getting this product and thought I would share it for any one else that perhaps shared my opinion. I think it really smoothens out the look of the rear of the car. Be curious to see what others think...

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I had thought of that but was concerned about finding matching paint. Found Automotive Touchup Paint guaranteeing to match color. So, I guess this is the better choice as long as I don't mess up the bezel when removing it. Directions seem pretty clear in the other posting.

Again, thanks for responding.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone painted their rear taillight bezels on a torch red C7. If so, would like to see a picture to see how it looks.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
147 Posts
For those not wanting to go the DIY route that Glen E is very good at, RPI Designs does a lot of painted products for Corvettes. I bought a lot of his stuff for my C6 but will probably give Glen's method a try when my Stingray arrives. I'll save a lot of money doing it myself. I left all the painted parts on my C6 as it wasn't worth my time and effort to remove them and try and find a buyer.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
In painting you can never screw up with many thin, light coats

vs two heavy coats where you hover with the nozzle open = screwed up...

Practice first on your fuse cover, they are $9 at the dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1392575587.268552.jpg . I ended up doing this myself and it turned out great.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not the first to do this. I saw this on another thread and I'll find it and post it later. I purchased ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1392588532.547697.jpg the Automotive touch up paint in the picture off Amazon along with trim removal tools also on Amazon. Used 600 grit wet sand paper to prep surface. Then used a solvent to make sure it was clean and then carefully sprayed about sic applications of the base coat color and dried under two 500 watt lights. Let about 20 plus minutes go between each coat stopping when the color was deep and even. Then added four coats of gloss clear coat. Bezels come off pretty easy starting in the middle top area and working out. Take it slow and it works fine. Once it was dry bezels went on pretty easy. I love the way it looks and it is a cool way to make my C7 look a little different without drawing a lot of attention like some other more obvious modifications.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Yeah, I was the first to do it using same products....looks good, if you wait a week or so and take them back off, and polish with cleaner wax, you'll get 2x the gloss you have now...

Now that you have extra paint, do the fuse box cover under hood, so easy....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm having it detailed and putting film on the two front quarter panels and hood as I know it will end Up like my Porsche if I don't. Also taking PDF off the side lower panel (don't like how Chevy did it not covering whole area) and doing this area as well along with side mirrors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts