Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Competition Sport Seat

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a seat discussion on here somewhere, but here is a new one...

I just saw this picture on Autoblog, and I have officially made up my mind to NOT order the base touring seats!

They look comfy, but not... "special." I dunno, I just feel like they should have more of a revolutionary design to them, like the Competition Seat does. The Touring Seats just look boring somehow. Granted, the change is in the back of the seat as opposed to the bottom cushion, and I wish that had a better look to it as well. The bolsters need to be more pronounced. I am not saying less comfy, just... "better."

Case in point, some of the most comfy sport seats I have planted my bottom on are that of the SL 63 AMG.

I think that they spent so much time on the rest of the car, and just kind of stopped halfway with the part that actually makes contact with your whole body.

Oh, and I am NOT, NOT, NOT getting the gray. Black or Red for me, but most likely Black.

What seats did you order?

·
Registered
141 Posts
This subject has come up before. For those who have not sat in the C7, the seats are more comfortable than the C6. The engineers I spoke with at Bowling Green made it a point to tell all that were listening, do not buy the competition seats for non-track use. They are extremely stiff and you will feel everything. I've owned 8 2-seat roadsters over the past 40 years, the C7 I sat in was more comfortable than all but my RX7. If your not happy with the seats you can always replace them with aftermarkets.

Reactions: Clarkster

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was not able to place my order untill this last Monday, due to the hold on the Comp Sport Seats. A must for me! Auto cross and drag are the name of the game.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've sat in both and driven a few with the standard seats. I'm a fairly big guy 6'4" 240 and have a 34-36" waist. I would not order a non competitive car with the competition seats.

The new seats are much more supportive and hug me quite well as it is.

·
Registered
680 Posts
2lt, standard seats in black for me and I'm VERY comfy!!!! Love the feel of the leather.. hand stitching is really nice... interior is fitting for the car... even the basic!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I've sat in both and driven a few with the standard seats. I'm a fairly big guy 6'4" 240 and have a 34-36" waist. I would not order a non competitive car with the competition seats.

The new seats are much more supportive and hug me quite well as it is.
Where are you in Dallas? There is a small group of us C7 owners trying to get together.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have 3LT which comes with Napa Leather. I can tell the quality is VERY good. I ahvent sat in 2LT leather, but the grade of 3LT is best Ive seen in quite long time. AC/Heating work quite well. Now the question is - is there any way to remote start the car with wither AC or Heat turned on the seat?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I have 3LT which comes with Napa Leather. I can tell the quality is VERY good. I ahvent sat in 2LT leather, but the grade of 3LT is best Ive seen in quite long time. AC/Heating work quite well. Now the question is - is there any way to remote start the car with wither AC or Heat turned on the seat?
yup in the manual somewhere...in settings

·
18,670 Posts
I've sat in both and driven a few with the standard seats. I'm a fairly big guy 6'4" 240 and have a 34-36" waist. I would not order a non competitive car with the competition seats. The new seats are much more supportive and hug me quite well as it is.
"Crawler," as most of us has yet been unable to sit in a competition seat, could you please help us learn about how the seats would fit someone not as muscular as you. The rest of us who haven't sat in those seats have learned by reading that the competition seats are narrower, wrap around you tighter around the shoulders and the ribs, and consequently GM has advised folks not to order the comp seat without having sat in it.

Question, please, can your comment further, including your impression about whether the seat cushioning is too firm for a cross country trip. Any/all impressions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Anyone else sat in them, would you also please tell us your impressions, and if you are willing, sharing your size please?

·
Registered
124 Posts
"Crawler," as most of us has yet been unable to sit in a competition seat, could you please help us learn about how the seats would fit someone not as muscular as you. The rest of us who haven't sat in those seats have learned by reading that the competition seats are narrower, wrap around you tighter around the shoulders and the ribs, and consequently GM has advised folks not to order the comp seat without having sat in it.

Question, please, can your comment further, including your impression about whether the seat cushioning is too firm for a cross country trip. Any/all impressions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Anyone else sat in them, would you also please tell us your impressions, and if you are willing, sharing your size please?
I've driven the hot rod power tour and hot rod drag week in a fiberglass minimally padded race bucket before. So take what I say with that in mind.

The competition seats are great. However, if I weren't an avid road course guy, then I'd go with the standard seat.

The comp seat is much more firm and bolstered quite a bit for a street seat. I urge you to find a non comp seat car and spend some time sitting in it, adjusting it various ways, and shifting your weight around as though in high speed corners.

The standard seat is much more confining than a C6 seat. Most people will never exceed the use of the standard seat. I would have no problem with the firmness or the bolstering style of the comp seat, however with my large frame, I sit on that seat and not in it. Ha ha

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks "crawler." Good information; well-described. I am hoping that the upcoming Z06/7 doesn't ONLY come with comp seats.

There are, as you know two kinds of folks who buy a Z06, those who track often and the second group who, while still "enjoying energetic carving of curvy country roads," also take their Z06's cross country. My wife and I fall into the second group, love "exercising" our car on the great Oregon curvy roads, yet we have taken our Z06 across country several times, and will do it again for next year's National Corvette Caravan. I am hoping that the 2015 Z06/7 doesn't only come with a comp seat that leaves us "second group of Z06 owners" out in the cold.

My hope is that the 2015 Z06/7 will come two ways: first, a non-removable top, comp seat, extra firm springs and shocks, and weight reduction measures (perhaps also not allowing for a full basket of "creature comforts") for the track crowd, and, second, a "cross country version" which still has the GT seat option (I agree with you Crawler that it is good enough for exercising your car), yet keeping options of many "creature comforts" for those who love long road trips.

Oh, to dream. Hopefully, the answers are great and they appear in 74 days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts