Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read over on another site that there has been a production delay. Have you guys heard anything? Any credence to this potentially upsetting news?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nick,

I searched a bit over the internet and didn't find anything concrete, just speculation. I only see two reasons for potential delays:

1) Still too many C6's out there.

2) Production problem (one or more component giving issues or a bad batch of parts). It is better (and also the right thing to do) to delay production in this situation.

If there are too any C6's out there sitting at the dealerships, we will likely see a 0% 72 months financing on all C6's along with another pricing promotion. Last time I checked it was at 1.9% 60 months. So, I wouldn't stress out either way. They will give us our machines soon (I hope). I can't certainly wait until 2014 as some people were saying.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that they are just trying to make sure that everything is perfect. Too many C6's at dealerships would be a huge bummer because I don't care what the purchase incentive is, I cannot imagine many people walking into the dealership and saying they want the car that is going to be dated as it rolls off the lot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with you. If they are not at 72 months no interest at this point, we are good. If ANYTHING it would likely be a bug. Lots of people (trolls) like to start that kind of rumor. I wouldn't be too concerned.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I spoke with my dealer here in Az and he knew nothing of any delays, but also didn't know when production eas "scheduled" to start.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Haven't heard anything myself, I'll check in with a couple of dealers I know and see if they have heard anything.

·
Registered
103 Posts
At this point, I'll be happy just to know production has started and the Stingrays are rolling off the production line! My C7 is out there somewhere albeit in bits and pieces!

Torch Red
Kalahari Interior
2LT
Z51
Black Alum Wheels
6 speed paddle shift
Carbon Fiber Roof
Dual Mode Exhaust

This isn't too much to ask for!

·
Registered
64 Posts
At this point, I'll be happy just to know production has started and the Stingrays are rolling off the production line! My C7 is out there somewhere albeit in bits and pieces!

Torch Red
Kalahari Interior
2LT
Z51
Black Alum Wheels
6 speed paddle shift
Carbon Fiber Roof
Dual Mode Exhaust

This isn't too much to ask for!

I am there with you... I am sure whatever it is, we will not find out and the dealers will not find out either; we can speculate and that's it. The only way would be someone at GM directly involved in this project leaking information, which is highly unlikely to happen. Sometimes some bugs affect only certain serial numbers and sometimes just a few machines. So, if something may be potentially wrong but it is not deemed dangerous, they would likely release them and rework cars as needed when the complaints are filed. Maybe they already started and we don't even know it (I hope) haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't bother checking with the dealerships, they have no idea. That's directly from my Corvette Manager at the largest dealer in the country. They're slated for 507 Vettes within the first 6 to 9 months of production. The reason GM told them 6 to 9 was to give them time to work out all the kinks on the brand new assembly line, and give themselves a 3 month window. It has nothing to do with how many C6's are out there, although they will be & are offering some tasty incentives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
not sure have been following closely, have a reservation for one #34 with 2nd largest dealer hoping order goes in this month

·
Registered
12 Posts
I placed my order with Rick Hendrick Chevrolet June 15th. They promised mine would be number four of 26 coming to that dealership. As of July 5th They still have NO news about production???

·
18,670 Posts
That makes no sense and is completely contrary to what Dave Salvatore posted on another forum. I bought two Corvetes from Dave and he is totally honest. He is the Corvette Manager at Kerbeck -- who for about fifteen years sold more Corvettes (before this year) than every other Corvette dealer in the country. Dave posted yesterday, yes July 4th, that major dealerships just got specific news on the next order batch. He posted that he was going to contact the next 100+ folks in the next week and half and get them to finalize their order so he could immediately place them in to GM. Your dealer is a huge/major dealer and too got the same news. Suggest you call your dealer back again and if you don't get the correct info, that their next batch will be able to be actually ordered by the end of next week, and that you are in it, you are not being given the full/accurate scoop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can second the opinion on Dave Salvatore. I am buying my FIRST corvette - I just sent in my deposit to Kerbeck this morning to secure my coupe! He is going to submit my order like elegant stated above and combine it with all other orders and then submit it to GM's Factory Build App. Below is the configuration I selected: Artic White/Z51 Mag. Ride, Red Calipers, etc. I can hardly wait! Soon as it is submitted you can then track it through GM's order tracking system online. There are various codes that allow you to understand then where your car is at in the production sequence.

corvettestingray2014.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dave's info is correct, and if he says it, I believe it. They're getting 507 of them in the first 6 to 9 months, that's the largest allocation of any dealership. So someone at Rick Hendrick's better get their heads out of the sand. But I don't care cause Kerbeck got my order.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As of today (7/9/13) I heard there is yet another 2 week delay in production. As anxious as I am to get my C7, I'm not so anxious as to want it before it's really ready to be perfection in the making! I'm just going to presume the delays will make the C7 that much sweeter. Heck, right now I'd have settled for the model car that I didn't win. Waaaa!

·
Registered
9 Posts
my number came up on Friday ordered mine, the larger dealers get the cars first before the smaller ones that is why I went with macmulkin chev in new Hampshire, my order hopefully will be confirmed by gm tues, tomorrow cannot get competition seats for a long time upset about that,

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not so sure about the dealership priority. One dealership I know is only getting 3 and one of their orders is already queued. My dealership gets 10 and I'm still not queued for production.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts