Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a question on my 2015 C7 Stingray. Not sure if it is my imagination but when driving at speeds of 50 mph and above, I seem to sense a surging sensation in the engine. The vehicle has 13000 miles and is set to run on 4-cylinder economy mode. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would start with an early sign of belt tensioner going bad. Note, that is from someone who has replaced 2. Last replacement was due to the symptoms you describe. Replacement helped a lot but still see some flux in the RPMs but don't feel it in the ride (passenger side) experience now.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hey - sounds like what you are "feeling" is sometimes the lurch as the engine drops in and out of 4 / 8 cyl mode. Should be easy to test, just disable it for a drive, or change your DIC to show you what mode it's in and you can see when the engine switches over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey - sounds like what you are "feeling" is sometimes the lurch as the engine drops in and out of 4 / 8 cyl mode. Should be easy to test, just disable it for a drive, or change your DIC to show you what mode it's in and you can see when the engine switches over.
Thanks for the input. I will give it a try.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just had mine fixed with similar mileage. Problem was #2 valve spring collapsed. Don’t drive!! Have towed to dealer before serious damage.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Just had mine fixed with similar mileage. Problem was #2 valve spring collapsed. Don’t drive!! Have towed to dealer before serious damage.
Certainly possible although when I had a broken #7 valve spring last year it ran very rough; could barely keep it going. I did drive to the dealer about 10 minutes away but wouldn't have wanted to drive much farther. Very noticeable. But certainly worth keeping in mind if your other tests are inconclusive. --Bob.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello all. I have a question on my 2015 C7 Stingray. Not sure if it is my imagination but when driving at speeds of 50 mph and above, I seem to sense a surging sensation in the engine. The vehicle has 13000 miles and is set to run on 4-cylinder economy mode. Has anyone else experienced this?
This started happening to me @ at 27,000 miles. At hwy speeds it seemed like The car was jerking like it was shifting back and forth between gears even in cruse control. Also it did a hard shift going to drive on a cold start. At first they thought it was the torgue converter and changed it. At about 40,000 it started again. They had found out with the 2015 transmission the fluid was over heating and clogging the veins in the converter. They did a flush and went to a high temp fully synthetic fluid. If not under Warranty they wanted about $400 for this service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts