Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, we all love our C7. I love my C7. It's awesome. But with 1,000 miles on it today, i have a few gripes so far. Point of this thread is not about pointing out how much more power it should or shouldn't have, or what colors they should offer, it's about the little things I notice that would make this car perfect. Here is my quick list....so far. What's are your gripes?:

1. I like the interior lights coming on when I open door, but those light buttons don't have a distinctive on and off push feel. It's all the same. Which makes me leave one of the lights on sometimes.

2. Seat belts. Don't know what id like done better other than the strap doesn't stay in holder thing, but Id like a different option for a harness for this type of car

3. Chrome wheels option is not all chrome. Just the outside is.

That's it for me now : ) and that bottom seat bolster that nails my thigh but that is specific to my size.

·
18,669 Posts
Per the owners manual, the seat belt clip was designed only to be used by smaller individuals, not for adults. Per section 3-11 of the manual:

"1. The seat has a safety belt guide. The safety belt guide helps position the shoulder belt over the shoulder and across the chest of smaller adults and of older children who have outgrown the booster seat."

Adults of full size are not to put the seat belt into that safety belt guide.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Per the owners manual, the seat belt clip was designed only to be used by smaller individuals, not for adults. Per section 3-11 of the manual:

"1. The seat has a safety belt guide. The safety belt guide helps position the shoulder belt over the shoulder and across the chest of smaller adults and of older children who have outgrown the booster seat."

Good point!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

This forum is good--some really read the owners manual--Thank you elegant. I keep putting the belt back in the loop. leaving it out makes sense. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Drink holder design. I've made mine more functional, but a dedicated drink holder option that holds a normal travel mug securely would be nice.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Drink holder design. I've made mine more functional, but a dedicated drink holder option that holds a normal travel mug securely would be nice.
The factory version is fine assuming you don't accelerate, brake or turn. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
810 Posts
ditto about the cup holder. took her to work the other day and had to brake for a deer, travel cup toppled forward and spilt coffee all over the stick shift area. Luckily it was a travel cup, so not too much came out, annoyed me all the same.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
So, on the seat belt issue, people are going to ignore the manual and fabricate a fix for something that isn't broken......

Reactions: Movie Muscle

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
So, on the seat belt issue, people are going to ignore the manual and fabricate a fix for something that isn't broken...
Yep, we could probably quickly come up with a list of other "non-problems" that people feel need to be "fixed".

On a grander scale, many marketing firms exist solely because of this very principal - selling us things we never needed in the first place.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ergonomically speaking, the location of the interior lights dimmer switch is the worst I have ever seen. It is hidden from sight behind the steering wheel. Ever try finding it in the dark when you need to turn up the interior lights? If you have not already memorized where it is, finding this knob is harder than discerning the Good from the Plenty in a dark movie theater. Somewhere, a sadistic engineer is laughing.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yep, we could probably quickly come up with a list of other "non-problems" that people feel need to be "fixed".

On a grander scale, many marketing firms exist solely because of this very principal - selling us things we never needed in the first place.
Bingo! Marketing 101...create a need and fill it!

Remember "Geritol Cures Tired Blood" (for you guys old enough to remember that, if not watch the movie "Game Show")

Reactions: Mobius

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I'd have to say the biggest drawback is the lack of a Flux Capacitor, I'd really like to go back to 1963 and buy a new Split Window Coupe to go with my C7
Yep, and I'd donate a six-pack of your favorite if you'd drop me off in '67 while you're on your way back to '63 - there's a radio-delete 427/435 that I'd like to pick up.

Of course, there's that whole "time travel paradox", end of the universe thing, but I'd say it's worth the risk.:cool:

Reactions: grilloz and regguy1

·
Registered
52 Posts

But it looks rather unfinished NOT in there!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The trunk button is in a horrible spot for me. I only have 1,600 miles on my car, and I have hit it with my knee NUMEROUS times while getting in the car. Then it's get out, shut the trunk, get back in. ARGH!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Use the easy entry/exit setting and that should resolve hitting trunk button. It made my life much easier.
I hate waiting on the seat to move! I guess I'm impatient! I had it turned off in my c5s, c6 and now!

1 - 20 of 236 Posts