Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2019 Helm C7 Stingray Tech manuals have still not come out as of 8/20. We are already well into 2020 and I'm wondering if anyone has experience on how long it takes them to release previous year tech manuals? I contacted them and they gave me a nebulous response.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,359 Posts
Maybe they wouldn't sell enough to warrant the expense of printing it, just a guess. Is a 2018 manual available? Probably not a big difference between the 2 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Norm, but I was being a perfectionist, wanting the same year documentation for a keepsake (car runs perfectly). The 2018 books are available and that'll be the fallback. I assumed they had a contract with GM and a stipulation that they have to print up manuals without regard to size of run. Heck, as you indicate they probably only need to change the model year on the cover :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where is the 2018 manual available & how much ? I saw a cd available on e-bay with service manual for 2017-18 made in Hungary for under $30. Does this sound worthwhile ? Just trying to learn a little about my new ride (2019 1LT) even if a dealer must do the majority of service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hungary? No. What does Hungary have to do with Corvettes? Go to Helminc.com and buy the real thing. Why would you go to an international site? Spring for licensed information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well looks like printed Corvette manuals from GM are a thing of the past. In researching getting a 2019 maintenance. manual set for my Stingray, I finally found the reason Helm never published, On the ACDelco website it states:

Helm provides printed service manuals for all General Motors brands through the 2018 model year. Select your brand from the buttons below. For 2019 or newer models, refer to the ACDelco website by clicking the button entitled “All Service Manuals” above.

Following the suggested direction leads you to ACDelco website that invites you to join a subscription service for $1,200 per year! Ouch! So looks like helm manuals are out along with printed (or optional USB) manuals. Obviously a cost saving for GM and an orientation toward professional shops, it leaves the DIY crowd out.

NOTE: This is based on my personal research as I did not get this info from a live person at either company, just the web notices. Based on my desire to have a complete set of docs on the stingray, I opted to buy the 2018 Manuals as differences between '18 and '19 C7's in probably negligible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts