Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my C7 2 weeks ago. This is the 7th Corvette that I've owned. My last car was a 2005 convertible & it had 75K miles on it when I sold it in June. I buy my cars to drive & enjoy. So here is my review from that perspective. My C7 sounds like one of the typical cars out so far - Cyber Gray, Kalhari interior, 3LT, Z51, Mag ride control, Perf exhaust, chrome wheels - loaded. It ran $70K and my dealer did no mark-up. It was actually cheaper than I had expected.

I have over 500 miles on it so far. The performance is amazing as advertised. The car is amazing overall but here are a couple of my critiques:
* Rear view mirrors seem kind of small compared to previous models. I have a bigger blind spot that I need to get used to quickly.
* Bluetooth is great when you are alone in the car, otherwise your call is no longer private.
* Infotainment system took a while to fully understand.
* The driver seat frame is pinched in a little too tight at mid thigh. It requires a lot of readjusting while I drive.
* The gas filler pipe/nozzle - is there some trick to getting the gas in smoothly? I have to run the gas in about half speed to keep the nozzle from kicking off.

EVERYTHING else is fantastic for me. I have no fit/finish or paint issues with mine. That speaks to a much improved quality control in my opinion. It has been a head turner everywhere I go and people are taking pictures like crazy.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Congratulation trebor1108! Post a picture or two :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just reading this gives me angst because I still do not have a build date! Ordered June 18. I'll just keep waiting.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I picked up my C7 2 weeks ago. This is the 7th Corvette that I've owned. My last car was a 2005 convertible & it had 75K miles on it when I sold it in June. I buy my cars to drive & enjoy. So here is my review from that perspective. My C7 sounds like one of the typical cars out so far - Cyber Gray, Kalhari interior, 3LT, Z51, Mag ride control, Perf exhaust, chrome wheels - loaded. It ran $70K and my dealer did no mark-up. It was actually cheaper than I had expected.

I have over 500 miles on it so far. The performance is amazing as advertised. The car is amazing overall but here are a couple of my critiques:
* Rear view mirrors seem kind of small compared to previous models. I have a bigger blind spot that I need to get used to quickly.
* Bluetooth is great when you are alone in the car, otherwise your call is no longer private.
* The driver seat frame is pinched in a little too tight at mid thigh. It requires a lot of readjusting while I drive.
* The gas filler pipe/nozzle - is there some trick to getting the gas in smoothly? I have to run the gas in about half speed to keep the nozzle from kicking off.

EVERYTHING else is fantastic for me. I have no fit/finish or paint issues with mine. That speaks to a much improved quality control in my opinion. It has been a head turner everywhere I go and people are taking pictures like crazy.
I agree and feel the same way about everything you've written. I had to fill up for the first time yesterday and I had to hold the nozzle in there firmly and add fuel at kinda slowly but it's not bad, just a quirk. My. 05 mustang has first year production issue much worse for filling up , you have to turn the gas nozzle completely up side down I fill up. That's the only way gas goes in.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
I agree and feel the same way about everything you've written. I had to fill up for the first time yesterday and I had to hold the nozzle in there firmly and add fuel at kinda slowly but it's not bad, just a quirk. My. 05 mustang has first year production issue much worse for filling up , you have to turn the gas nozzle completely up side down I fill up. That's the only way gas goes in.
I wonder what they (GM) did differently on the Vet than my XTS which also has the capless fill system. On the XTS I have never had an issue at any station in filling up. Must be a sharper bend in the fill pipe that causes the gas to back up/flow into the tank slower.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The pump I used didn't have the rubber neck around the nozzle that has to be compressed to fuel the car so usually I can place the nozzle in the tank and fill it up but on the C7 I had to hold it in the perfect position to keep it going.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hate to give publicity to the big oil companies but I have to ask... What gasoline are you guys putting in the C7? Maybe this thought should of had its own thread?

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
I hate to give publicity to the big oil companies but I have to ask... What gasoline are you guys putting in the C7? Maybe this thought should of had its own thread?
I will be using Costco 91 or Chevron 91 (non-ethanol fuel).

·
Registered
579 Posts
Put Shell or Chevron (91 or higher if it is available).
Those would be my choices.
We got 94 here in BC Canada @ Chevron...

·
Registered
680 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Nothing like the C7! I've not had any problems with filling the gas. I also didn't have any paint issues. I agree with the blind spot... but the more I drive the car the more that improves for me as I'm getting used to it's blind area. I love the Infotainment as it's very technical and fits for this day and age.

Gas I'm using (there is a Thread regarding this... just type "Gas" in the search bar above):
Premium 91+
My preferred is Chevron
Shell
Quik Trip
Phillips 66
Mobil
Kwik Trip
Exxon
Conoco
Texaco (in Texas)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts