Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2014 stingray convertible M7 with 10000. Just had oil changed along with cabin filter and air filter.Is it necessary to change any fluids even though it has low mileage but 7 years old now?Any thoughts? Or things to check out!

·
Administrator
16,743 Posts
Original tires have technically aged out and you should replace them. When was the battery replaced?

Reactions: lesliecavotti

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maintenance schedule says to change (flush) brake fluid every 10 years or 150,000 miles. Way longer than I would let it go.
It also says to change (flush) the clutch fluid every 2 years or 30,000 miles. I totally recommend that. Made my clutch feel like brand new. And I would do the brakes at the same time, cause 10/150,000 is too far between.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Jeff - what are you referencing when quoting "tire age"? My 2015 still has plenty of tread.. i know tires age but i have not read anything about these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it’s a stingray with 10000 miles so tires have plenty of tread on them but are now 7 years old.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I guess that's about right... also depends on conditions, etc but agreed.

·
Administrator
16,743 Posts
Reactions: Racer_X

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Good reminder.. time marches on, hard to remember all these things like renewing your passport, DL, and colonoscopies... ;)

Are you still happy with your Michelin A/S ZP+ ? That is what i would go to.. probably next spring.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good reminder.. time marches on, hard to remember all these things like renewing your passport, DL, and colonoscopies... ;)

Are you still happy with your Michelin A/S ZP+ ? That is what i would go to.. probably next spring.
I went with the A/S3+ and love them, they have sufficient grip for spirited road driving and they are significantly more comfortable, however I would not recommend them for the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,743 Posts

Absolutely. They handle extremely well and are quiet (though I never had an issue with the OEM original tires).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jeff - what are you referencing when quoting "tire age"? My 2015 still has plenty of tread.. i know tires age but i have not read anything about these.
All tires time out after about 5 years. Mileage doesn't matter, brand doesn't matter, if the car was garaged it doesn't matter. If they are original tires, replace them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If while driving the car it shudders like you hit a patch of rough road, you'll need to get the auto transmission fluid changed. They have to drain, refill, drain, refill and drain and refill again(3 times) in order to get the fluid thoroughly flushed out. There was an issue on the some early ones. I had to have it done on my 2015 with 25,000 miles earlier this year. Not sure if age or mileage caught up to it. I would wait until if/when it does it. Not all do it for some reason. Imho.... As to tires, unless your going to be trying to set a land speed record or racing on a road course, I wouldn't worry about them unless they show signs of age. I still have originals on rear( just about due to change due to wear) and they do not show any sign of aging.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Original tires have technically aged out and you should replace them. When was the battery replaced?
Thanks for pointing this out. So many people do not know this is the case. This has always been controversial in the industry so you will get many conflicting points of view. It may seem like strange to take off 'perfectly good tires' at 6 years but better safe that sorry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts