Registered
1,395 Posts
For those who have a 7 speed have you
experienced any problems. I find going
from first to second is not very smooth. Then
other gears have to be watched to avoid
not getting correct shift.
Geo Vette
First to second is a bit dicey until it warms up. As far as the other gears. Just remember that true neutral is dead center between 3rd & 4th. The pattern does take a little practice so drive, drive, drive it! :)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
For those who have a 7 speed have you
experienced any problems. I find going
from first to second is not very smooth. Then
other gears have to be watched to avoid
not getting correct shift.
Geo Vette
Use the Rev Match feature to smooth-out the shifts.

With 7 speeds, it's not unusual to get the incorrect gear - in fact it's easy to do. As TNSQUIRE said, drive it until it becomes 2nd nature.

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
810 Posts
Every once in awhile, accidentally shift to 4 instead of 6. Since it's on the HUD it's easy to adjust. I like seeing the gear up there. When I took delivery at museum, didn't realize seeing the gear in orange color on the HUD meant it was in rev match mode. Thought it was the opposite. So I drove the 1st 1600 miles, including Tail of Dragon in normal mode. When I finally started using rev match, I realized it wasn't really helping much, so I generally don't use it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't use the rev match.I downshift just before going into A turn slowing me down A little.Then it gives me the power I want coming out of the turn.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Yep, first to 2nd is notchy but it gets better with time and as it warms up. I actually found getting the correct gear is easier if you don't fixate on it and just shift. It's kind of like staring at an spot in the road you want to miss, which everyone knows is a sure way to hit it....... After only 1200 miles I don't have any problem selecting the right gear, it just takes getting some muscle memory developed. The first 250 miles (day 1) was comical, the wife wanted to know if I needed remedial drivers training. :p Day 2 in the mountains shut her up ;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I don't use the rev match.I downshift just before going into A turn slowing me down A little.Then it gives me the power I want coming out of the turn.
I really didn't use rev match either until I attended the Spring Mountain course. Now I find myself using it more frequently.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No problems shifting into any gear. I turn on rev match as soon as I start the car. Love the sound of the exhaust when downshifting, especially in track mode.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I use rev match all the time. It smooths the car out so much on down shifts. It doesn't do anything for trying to find the correct gear.
Today was the first day that I've driven the car since my track day last week. (I drove the complete track in third gear, so no gear changes on track). I did notice that it took around 15 minutes to warm up and then the gear selection was as smooth as ever.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input. My 2010 Grand Sport
was a 6 speed and shifting was very smooth.
Been driving a stick forever so no learning curve
needed. I hope it loosens up car only has
590 miles on it. Don't use rev matching.
When it seems clunky this is not what I
expected.
Geo Vette

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Has anyone had a problem of hitting the button on the console that controls the traction control by accident ?
I've never hit it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Like the handle GEO VETTE. I have experienced a little sticking between 1st and 2nd but as others have noted, time improves the shifting. I have 2100 on my LRG 3LT Z51. My prior car was an 06 coupe (Z51) with the SF 6 speed box. I do prefer the shift to the Tremec - overall a better feel. I do have tyo say that the 7th gear does not get used that often.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I have noticed one additional thing that may prompt me to have it looked at though I will avoid it if possible (don't really want the dealer tearing apart the center console). When the trans is hot sometimes it will refuse to go into 1st when the car is stopped. Happened a couple of times, usually in a parking lot when maneuvering into a space or at a traffic light when I didn't downshift coming to a stop. I can tell it's not in gear because it stops at the gate as if it's being blocked. If I let out the clutch to spin the gears it will drop past the gate into the gear. I'm attributing it to newness and will wait until I get past 2500 miles before I consider having it looked at.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine does this too but quite often regardless of tranny temp. I'm at ~3500 mi. I readjusted shifter, no change.
Dealer wasn't much help as they haven't driven many.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Mark / Rick; Is this only a first gear problem? Maybe a first gear synchronizer problem?
Yes, first gear only though I don't think it's a syncro issue since it will drop into 1st with little effort when you are moving. When the car is stopped the syncros are pretty much out of the loop.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car now has 830 miles seems to be getting
smoother with the shifts. Never use rev matching
no need I know how to shift and car will
not be raced.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts