Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that Advance Auto has a sale on Mobil 1 oil this month. ($31 for 5 qts + mobil 1 filter) So I had my girlfriend into buying the other 5 qts and filter for her Smart car.
But they didn't stock the Mobil 1 filter for my C7. They had the K & N. But the special requires you to get a mobil 1 filter. I had read that a Delco UPF48R was a heavy duty filter that fit some corvettes so we cross referenced that filter and found a Mobil M1-113. I know the manual shows a PF64. But I had to get a filter with the deal. By any chance does the M1-113 have the same threads as the PF64?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I find that Mobil1 is cheaper to buy @ Walmart on a day to day basis. I get a mailing from Advance every so often that has discount coupons based on purchase amount.($5. off $ 25.- $10. off $50 ect, etc) I will use these coupons for special purchases when oil & filters and the bottom line coupon prices makes it cheaper than Walmart prices. The catch here is that you can't use these coupons on "sale priced" items @ Advance.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Walmart is the best place to buy Mobil1 in the 5 quart bottle. You must be careful buying Mobil1 in anything larger than quart bottles because many places sell in 5 liter bottles. Walmart has 5 quart.

For deals on Mobil1, go to the Mobil1 website and check for rebate offers. They have pretty good deals and list the participating retailers. The rebates are retailer specific.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts