Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An exciting day - I ordered my 2014 C7 today! Z52, 2LT, Torch Red (but of course), coup, Kalahari leather seats, black aluminum wheels with red calipers, dual-mode exhaust, navigation, Coupe.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Congratulations TorchRedC7!!! You made your forum name official, too! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice color combination. I changed my order and added a carbon fiber roof. I think that will blend nicely with the black aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I really like the Carbon fiber roof but I want to be able to see thru it. So I ordered the glass roof. I figure if later I see I want the other roof I can always order it.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
I really like the Carbon fiber roof but I want to be able to see thru it. So I ordered the glass roof. I figure if later I see I want the other roof I can always order it.
I really like the weight of the carbon fiber roof panel but also wanted to have the transparent so ordered mine with the glass roof. I hope that the weight won't be much more than the carbon fiber panel. I have not seen any mention of the weight difference. :cool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was told the carbon fiber is about 16 lbs and the glass is 24 lbs. not sure if that is correct but more then likely close.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
I was told the carbon fiber is about 16 lbs and the glass is 24 lbs. not sure if that is correct but more then likely close.
thanks, I guess I will have to build up my arms :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't want the heat and I'm concerned the glass top will allow heat. Maybe they have improved from that last clear tops. We had one - ugh! Ok, so it's July. Where's my car?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't want the heat and I'm concerned the glass top will allow heat. Maybe they have improved from that last clear tops. We had one - ugh! Ok, so it's July. Where's my car?
TorchRedC7,

If you are concerned about the heat, the carbon fiber roof is the way to go as you will enjoy weight savings and at the same time, it will stay cool to the touch during the Summer months; it will not transfer the heat into the car's cabin. I don't think there is any clear material out there (that is affordable) to reduce heat transfer into the cabin. Using a reflective tinting may help slightly. I ended up picking the body color carbon fiber roof since I would like to enjoy the weight savings and the good looks of the same color panel; all that matters is that I know that it is carbon fiber.

I also saw that you were getting black wheels. I just wanted to make you aware that there are many of the black wheels from last years models that are being sold new on eBay. I do not know what the wheel pattern is for the C7 in comparison to the C6. But I am guessing it is likely to be the same that either a Z06 or a regular C6. Check them out here:

New Factory GM Gloss Black ZR1 Corvette Wheels 19 20" ZR1 Z06 Grand Sport | eBay

I am sure that plenty of people buying non-Z51 vehicles would love to buy the the plain ones that come with the Z51 package; even people who tracke their cars would be interested in an extra set of wheels. So, if you like that design and they fit, you are looking at about $1,000 savings. Hopefully this helps :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts