Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a wonderful drive today and putting her back in the garage I noticed a day old puddle and a new puddle of about a teaspoon of antifreeze on the floor coming from the front right of the car. It appears to be coming from somewhere on the right of the radiator. I can't really see there or feel around very well. It has less than 700 miles. Does anyone know where the antifreeze tank "burp" line would discharge. The tank looks rather full. Just hoping it might be normal. I ran her pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm pretty sure it should be a sealed recovery system that should not lose anything onto the floor. You might start looking for a loose hose clamp or something.

·
Administrator
16,296 Posts
After a wonderful drive today and putting her back in the garage I noticed a day old puddle and a new puddle of about a teaspoon of antifreeze on the floor coming from the front right of the car. It appears to be coming from somewhere on the right of the radiator. I can't really see there or feel around very well. It has less than 700 miles. Does anyone know where the antifreeze tank "burp" line would discharge. The tank looks rather full. Just hoping it might be normal. I ran her pretty hard.
Let your dealer check it out. That is what the warranty is for :) . It should not be leaking anything other than water from the AC unit if it was humid outside.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Just to cover a another possibility. Are you sure it is antifreeze?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fluid is pink in color. It has to be coolant or transmission fluid. I will call my dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Another possibility if it is an oil leak... There have been a "few" reports of the serpentine belt tensioner assy. leaking. From what I 've read there will be small " wet tells" on the front suspension and small dots of oil under the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Could it be the windshield washer fluid I know this comes in pink as well but don't know if GM is using this color?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a fluid I have not thought about. Thanks. I called the dealer. They are convinced it is coolant. I am 3 hours away from them but they told me to drive it to them. I am glad I have onstar.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
gwm, what was the outcome on the leak, I hope that it wasn't severe. Them dam gremlins, they love attacking new vehicles!

SF
Rick
That is a fluid I have not thought about. Thanks. I called the dealer. They are convinced it is coolant. I am 3 hours away from them but they told me to drive it to them. I am glad I have onstar.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am taking her to get examined this Friday. I wish I could find where it was coming from, but the front bottom is pretty sealed up. We have pretty close to the same cars. I will PM you and report back to the forum on what I found.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At 719 miles I got my C7 to a Chevrolet dealer. They diagnosed my coolant leak as a faulty radiator. A seam had opened up to allow the leak. They should have the new
radiator Monday and I should be out the door later Monday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts