Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to my dealer and he informed me the MFG. raised the price of the C7s.
Mine went from $63,140 to $65,045, a $1905 increase.
My dealer stated they are talking with there dealer rep. I ordered Feb 17th and they have the invoice
so it should be here soon.
I built one like mine on the Corvette site and it sure enough it spiked.
Get ready for a surprise guys if u ordered last month.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
There are a number of threads on this topic, it's kind of been beat to death.

The bottom line is, if your order was placed into the dealer's workbench system and you have an order number with a status of 1100 prior to 3/3/14 you are price protected. Your dealer will get the car with the higher MSRP and Invoice. They input a rebate code into the system when they mark the car sold and their account gets credited with the difference between the new price and the old price. This is a normal practice for a dealer, they shouldn't need you or the regional reps coaching to figure it out.....

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: patrooper

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
There are a number of threads on this topic, it's kind of been beat to death.

The bottom line is, if your order was placed into the dealer's workbench system and you have an order number with a status of 1100 prior to 3/3/14 you are price protected. Your dealer will get the car with the higher MSRP and Invoice. They input a rebate code into the system when they mark the car sold and their account gets credited with the difference between the new price and the old price. This is a normal practice for a dealer, they shouldn't need you or the regional reps coaching to figure it out.....

Mark, does this still work if the order is changed from a manual transmission to an automatic transmission after 3/3/2014?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Mark, does this still work if the order is changed from a manual transmission to an automatic transmission after 3/3/2014?
I don't know for sure but this would be a good question for GM Customer Support. I wouldn't trust your dealer to either know the correct answer or if they did, communicate it honestly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts