Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotsa talk about the new C7 being a reasonably priced super car and I agree that it is: reasonably priced AND a super car.

Giving my following question your best guess, or thought, what do you suggest would be the going price for a 2 year old $65k (when new) 2014 C7, with mileage in the 10k - 20k range?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I read that the residual est. value for this car after three years to be 67.5% and around 50% after five years. For a supercar that's pretty super IMHO. Enjoy it.

booie

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
That's some hit.
No, it's not, it's perfectly in line with it's competition. Here are some real world examples.

2011 Audi R8 4.2, New $110,000, Used w/15000 miles $74,000 OR 67%
2011 Porsche 911 S, New $90,000 Used w/15000 miles $60,000 OR 67%

Hell, I'm looking at less than 1 year old 2013 Porsche Boxsters that had an $82,000 MSRP sitting on dealer lots with less than 5000 miles on them for $69,000.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, it's not, it's perfectly in line with it's competition.

New $110,000, Used w/15000 miles $74,000 OR 67%
New $90,000 Used w/15000 miles $60,000 OR 67%

Hell, I'm looking at less than 1 year old 2013 Porsche Boxsters that had an $82,000 MSRP sitting on dealer lots with less than 5000 miles on them for $69,000.
I never meant to say that it was out of the ordinary. It's still a lot of money to lose.

·
Registered
873 Posts
1st rule of car buying: Cars are not good investments!

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The trick is not to pay $65,000 for the $65,000 car in the first place, that's why I'm waiting for Supplier pricing.........

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Well let's see go back in time buy '67 big block for $6k, store it until today open barn door sell for $500k. :D

But reality is cars are not bought for investments, they are just expensive adult toys. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
The trick is not to pay $65,000 for the $65,000 car in the first place, that's why I'm waiting for Supplier pricing.........
Waiting for 3-5k off is not worth the wait Seriously. I tell people that if that's what your waiting for you cannot afford it.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Waiting for 3-5k off is not worth the wait Seriously. I tell people that if that's what your waiting for you cannot afford it.
Actually, I'm waiting for closer to $6500 off and it has nothing to do with being able to afford it. I waited a year before I bought my K1600GTL and saved $10K over those who had to be the first kids on the block, I did the same for my SRT and last 3 Porsche's. I've saved enough over the last 10 years to pay for a C7 simply because I'm willing to wait 6 - 12 months.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the thoughts and comments.

The reason I asked is because my plan is to get a brand new C7 when I turn 65 (note my handle). For shitzngiggles, and in thinking about the car's depreciation, I was toying -JUST TOYING- with a plan B: getting a '14 or '15 in '16.

But that would negate my original heartfelt desire to get a brand spanking new Vette, put together exactly how I want it, and taking the Museum Delivery option taboot. Decisions, decisions: ain't they great!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Actually, I'm waiting for closer to $6500 off and it has nothing to do with being able to afford it. I waited a year before I bought my K1600GTL and saved $10K over those who had to be the first kids on the block, I did the same for my SRT and last 3 Porsche's. I've saved enough over the last 10 years to pay for a C7 simply because I'm willing to wait 6 - 12 months.
Same here on the new Camaro waited just 8 months, the first ones paid $5,000 over sticker and sticker if you were lucky. Waiting I paid $100 over invoice and got $750 from USAA so ended up $650 under invoice.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Driving my C7 and loving it!!! :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Should have bought them all used if you want to save $ and now you could have saved enough for two new C7s!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Should have bought them all used if you want to save $ and now you could have saved enough for two new C7s!
Agreed buy used saves alot. Just think how much you loose when you drive of new car off lot...

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Actually, I've owned 8 Porsches and only bought one new. The SRT was a dealer demo as were both my Lightnings. One of my 2 Vettes was used. If the right C7 comes up on the used market in the spring I may go that route but with the value of the C7 and anticipated Supplier pricing the few thousand I might save buying used may not be worth it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts