Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very disappointed with my first seating in the new C7 this past weekend. As being 6'4" with a 34" inseam and 225#, I do not fit in a production C7 that was brought to the Dublin, Ohio show this past weekend. I currently have a very marginal fit to the lower dash with my right knee/leg in my 2010 G.S., the same fit that I had in my '07 Conv. I did though have about 1 - 1 1/2" leg/knee clearance in my '01 Conv. I did not fit in the C7 at all and it is much tighter than the C6 Corvettes that I have. I had been talking to the last three Chief Corvette Engineers about this problem for the last four/five years that they said might be addressed, but apparently not!! As they said that they were not aware of the problem before. Wil Cooksey fits OK in his C6 Z06, but I do not in his same car!! Apparently, I have a longer length from my hip to my knee than most and that they had not anticipated in the new designed interior that they say "had not been changed" from the C5- C6 & now C7? Too many short people out there I guess!! There will be many potential buyers 6'4" or better that will not be able to fit in the new C7. Dave Tatman was very surprised to see my problem and this will keep me from a C7 purchase. He also commented that I would probably not fit in the Sport Seat either. Any advise that will not degrade the safety of any modification will be appreciated outside of a minimal padded racing seat or leg surgery. Of course, GM will not lend any advise due to legal options. Hopefully as I do like the C7 styling, dt

·
Registered
174 Posts
C7 seats designed by Porche's seat designer

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - Interior In-Depth - CAR and DRIVER
Published on Jul 24, 2013

·
Registered
174 Posts
yet one more review from Car and Driver

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 - C/D Underbelly
Published on Jul 24, 2014

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey you tall guys get the benefit of off the rack jeans!

From the videos I've seen where people are sitting in the car, it looks like short people (I'm 5'8") might not fit the seat too perfectly either. Looks like the head lands pretty much in the void area just below the headrest. Not sure there is an adjustment for that unless the bottom of the seat can raise without the back moving. I guess I'll have to wait until my delivery date to find out but either way its a better problem than the lack of leg/knee to dash room taller guys will have.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Chevy sports car/ muscle car

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray First Drive
automobile magazine 3 days ago

The Gorgeous all new 2014 Corvette Stingray
MSN Autos

2014 Corvette Stingray Preview C7
Santa Barbara Arts TV YouTube Partner Global News

C7 Corvette Stingray Acceleration, 2013 SRT Viper
1 day ago