Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a cag skip shift device and smoked it the first time I turned on the car. I shut the car off and removed the caq but am not sure what went wrong. The location where I plugged in was on the top of the transmission. When I first started the car it would not shift into reverse and I thought I screwed something up. The people that sold the part swear that it is the right one for my car. I am not sure if I plugged in at the wrong spot or if the part was defective? Thanks, flomytin

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
You sure you did not plug that into the reverse lockout solenoid wiring, sound like it

If not it could be they sold you the wrong one as it has to be a certain resistance and wattage

Best is it can be turned off with a tune as below

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you tell me where the plug is for the cag? The one I went to was on top of the tranny. The plug matched the cag so that is where I put it. After I smoked the cag I removed it and was glad that nothing was screwed up but never looked to see if there was another similar plug anywhere else on the tranny. I had installed one before on my C6 without any problem but there were no instructions with the cag to show where it went. If I did plug into the reverse lockout could I have damaged the car? Thanks, flomytin

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not sure on the new C7 trannie but for C5 and C6 CAGS was on the left (drivers) side of trannie and not the top
Hopefully the hardware in the PCM was not damaged but if you put the wiring back in and reverse lockout now works you should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts