Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hoping someone can advise , I am looking to replace the factory installed spoiler on my 2015 C7 Stingray. I have been searching to find one that will fit with the factory installed holes. I don't want to drill, and I dont want to just install using 3M tape. Any advice on a vendor and model.. I am interested in a Stage 2, but I cannot find any details concerning the need to drill or not. (I am a bit nervous about that)

Any advise is appreciated.

Joe

·
Administrator
16,832 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,619 Posts
Welcome also Joe! I would suggest that as you research just ask the question to the particular vendors and I would think that most aftermarket are designed as a direct replacement meaning using the existing holes. However, there are exceptions but I've never heard of any issues from those that use automotive tape only.

Also, I do understand people's trepidation or fear to drilling into their baby but it has no impact on performance nor resale value and with many mods it require some drilling to install side skirts or front splitters are examples because some require using rivets.

In any case, I was the same way early on but it with me and most people it's just psychological and when i got past it's just a car and if I screwed something up no one would ever know because it's covered underneath the body panels but screwing something up is quite rare.

I hope this eases your mind somewhat but again most spoilers are a direct bolt on into existing holes and no drilling required.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a 2015 Stingray…..mine is stuck on and can’t see how it will ever come off….I got this one from DAR Spoiler (can I say this on here?) and had a local body shop put it on….very competitive price…..check out the pic (this might not be the right stage you want……)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks Great, I just ordered a Stage 2 Spoiler, come in next week. I am going to try to install, Fingers Crossed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2015 Stingray…..mine is stuck on and can’t see how it will ever come off….I got this one from DAR Spoiler (can I say this on here?) and had a local body shop put it on….very competitive price…..check out the pic (this might not be the right stage you want……)
So does that cover up the OEM spoiler with the lights or does it go around it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, I hoping someone can advise , I am looking to replace the factory installed spoiler on my 2015 C7 Stingray. I have been searching to find one that will fit with the factory installed holes. I don't want to drill, and I dont want to just install using 3M tape. Any advice on a vendor and model.. I am interested in a Stage 2, but I cannot find any details concerning the need to drill or not. (I am a bit nervous about that)

Joe
I just had a Vicrez high wing spoiler installed two days ago on my C8. They said it would fit in existing holes, and it did. There were even videos on it on line. It involved taking off the whole back end and the rear wheels. The dealer wouldn't do it because it was aftermarket, but 2 mechanic friends did it in about 2.5 hours while checking the videos.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Joe
ACS Composite has all of the OEM spoilers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just had a Vicrez high wing spoiler installed two days ago on my C8. They said it would fit in existing holes, and it did. There were even videos on it on line. It involved taking off the whole back end and the rear wheels. The dealer wouldn't do it because it was aftermarket, but 2 mechanic friends did it in about 2.5 hours while checking the videos.
Thanks, Waiting for parts to arrive, and I hoping to do this this weekend

·
Registered
79 Posts
He has a C7, correct?

·
Registered
53 Posts
He has a C7, correct?
He has a C7, correct?
Yes, but a quality spoiler is one that will fit existing holes and this is a question that should be asked. Also, he should check for video installations of that spoiler. I'm not sure if the C7 spoilers require removing the rear panel of the car, but the videos will show what's needed. I'm not sure I would trust just double-sided tape, except for spoilers with a long contact area. My C8 used both bolts and the tape.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,619 Posts
Some people remove the entire bumper and others do not and it just depends and vary but more than one way is what I’m saying.

Personally when changing out taillights two different times and replacing a spoiler another time I didn’t remove the entire bumper any of those three times as I don’t want or like to do more work than I have to.

For me, after removing all of the screws and unclipping the top clips it provided me enough room to remove old and install the new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some people remove the entire bumper and others do not and it just depends and vary but more than one way is what I’m saying.

Personally when changing out taillights two different times and replacing a spoiler another time I didn’t remove the entire bumper any of those three times as I don’t want or like to do more work than I have to.

For me, after removing all of the screws and unclipping the top clips it provided me enough room to remove old and install the new.
Thx. Question how did you get to all the spoiler bolts?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts