Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 Zo6 and like everyone else I can stop it from popping. I was wandering does anyone know if the c8 top pops.

·
Administrator
15,684 Posts
I have 2016 Zo6 and like everyone else I can stop it from popping. I was wandering does anyone know if the c8 top pops.
I think it is way too early to tell with the C8. As for the C7 removable top, there are a number of ways to reduce and/or eliminate any noise coming from it. Depending on the specific C7, success has been achieved by cleaning and then applying a dielectric grease/lube to the entire gasket area, some have added or replaced the o rings on the front pins, and there are adjustments possible to the latching mechanism. If you do a search you'll find related posts here.
I am fortunate in that RedHot's panel does not squeak or pop. I apply the dielectric lube about once a year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff, I have tried the lube and o-rings helped , still some popping , I'll wait for the Zo6 convertible to come out. Problem solved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2015 Z51, had issues with the top popping, took it into the dealer under extended warranty, and they replaced newer pins and locks.... no more popping when the top gets hot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts