Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been loving some of the stories on the 'net past six months about what folks were trading in or selling outright to buy a StingRay. Clearly not a scientific pole, but been enjoying the following (just a sample of the many interesting ones):

A fourth-gen Viper (just yesterday);
Maserati;
Porsche Caymen S;
Viper;
90K Mercedes sports car (unspecified);
Another Caymen S;
911S;
Lots of Corvettes.

Others you've heard about?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Technology-Package-and-Taupe-interior-Seats-800x456.jpg

Me... 2012 Acura TL with Technology Package (only 20,000 miles on her). Loved my Acura, BUT couldn't resist the C7. NO REGRETS :cool:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
2013 6.2 Camaro...5k miles...I'm done modding it, got pretty good money for it.....love the car but the C7 is just something else altogether....did a nice balloon loan thru PenFed, so I'll trade it for a new C7 in a few years....that one should have all the bugs out and I'll be buried in that one....LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
Selling or trading my 2006 Viper Coupe First Edition, GTS blue with white stripes. Fun car but exhausting to drive on a trip, beats the crap out of you. Never figured I would be going down in horsepower.:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Actually I'll be starting a collection, no trade-ins. Currently have 2002 Vette, original owner that Im keeping. After C7, I want to get a 69-72 corvette.

Reactions: i10fwy and mlvarley

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sold my 1998 Indy Pace Car in June. We were the 2nd owner, had it for 12 years, 42,000 miles. C7 will be my 7th Corvette.

dscf1094.jpg

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
We currently have a 2012 Jeep SRT8, 2012 VW CC and a 2003 Boxster S. The CC is my wife's DD, the SRT is mine, the Porsche is a garage queen. Our requirements are a car for the wife's commute, a vehicle to tow our toys and a sports car.

Our plan is to sell the SRT and the Porsche and replace it with a C7 and a recent model used truck. I can't justify 3 car payments since the truck is only used a few times a year so the used truck will be bought with cash from the proceeds of the Porsche sale. I work from home so even though the C7 will be my DD I won't put more than 5000 miles a year on it.

If anyone here has an interest in a super clean 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with low miles at a very fair price just drop me a PM. ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Selling or trading my 2006 Viper Coupe First Edition, GTS blue with white stripes. Fun car but exhausting to drive on a trip, beats the crap out of you. Never figured I would be going down in horsepower.:)
Please send me info on your Viper. I know someone looking for a GTS First Edition. Maybe they'll give you a better price than the dealership as a trade?

Reactions: Mark JD

·
Registered
404 Posts
I traded my Millenium Yellow 2003 convertible... they had a buyer for it lined up WITHIN THEIR SALES STAFF! Miss that car a bit right now... garage looks sort of forlorn empty... but I'm sure I will completely forget about it, when the new guy arrives. corv001.JPG

Reactions: SCR2014Vette

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm trading in my 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT - (not GM's best effort by far)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Actually I'll be starting a collection, no trade-ins. Currently have 2002 Vette, original owner that Im keeping. After C7, I want to get a 69-72 corvette.
I agree with scottsdaledave, I tried to sell my mint 87 Callaway with 14,000 on the clock but no bites so it will stay in the garage. So now I have a 2006 Roush Mustang, 87 Callaway B2K Corvette, and my new C7. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll be selling my dependable, but boring, 2009 Honda Accord EX-L with 49 K miles, V6 with auto transmission, spoiler and cylinder deactivation

·
Registered
17 Posts
I plan to trade-in (or sell) my 2006 C6 Z06. It has just under 8,000 miles, has been quite heavily modded with quality, high performance parts. It's simply a beast, but I am now more interested in a daily driver Corvette and am looking forward to my C7 Stingray!

20130701_173815.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's a beautiful ride you traded, autoxal. Love the Millenium Yellow, chrome wheels and rag top

·
Registered
214 Posts
I plan to trade-in (or sell) my 2006 C6 Z06. It has just under 8,000 miles, has been quite heavily modded with quality, high performance parts. It's simply a beast, but I am now more interested in a daily driver Corvette and am looking forward to my C7 Stingray!

View attachment 832
I may be interested in it. Can you PM me and let me know what you're asking.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts