Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with just over 60,000 miles on my Z51 manual transmission C7 I thought I would do a fluid change.

Those here helped with how to do it and the OEM fluids and quantities.

I must add though that getting a ratchet on the Diff 'fill' plug was the most demanding. Hiding up there behind the muffler and around brake cables was very difficult. I could not find a correct extension to my ratchet to get to it. The ratchet alone could not reach the plug and a short extension was a smidge too long and wouldn't get seated right. I persevered but not the easiest way.

Does anyone have a tool they can suggest for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
The odds and ends of tools that I had hanging around did the trick. I don't remember if I had an extension on the ratchet or not.

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
Thinking back on this, maybe I went short, and in front of the brake cable, with a flex head directly on the plug...

I really don't remember for sure, but I do seem to remember the brake cable being in the way, and I do think I went in front of it.

Man, my memory is terrible...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used a 3/8" flex-head ratchet and no extension. My 2014, M7, Z51 did not have the cooling coils next to the plug that I have seen in other threads. The coils would likely have made the job much more difficult.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts