Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well almost. Here is an article and great video, and will not spoil the outcome, so enjoy reading and watching.

GM Authority said:
Just like Motor Trend, the United Kingdom’s Autocar magazine also hosts a yearly ‘Best Driver’s Car’ test. Autocar informally calls their Best Driver’s Car showdown ‘Handling Day’, as they gather some of the most sharp and dynamic performance cars on sale in the UK today and wring them around the lighting fast turns at the Castle Combe Circuit.

Unsurprisingly, last year’s test had no American cars included in it at all. American performance cars are few and far between in Britain, but with Chevrolet’s decision to offer the new C7 Corvette Stingray in the country, Autocar knew they had to bring one out and see what it can do.

The Corvette was in some impressive company at Best Driver’s Car. Autocar’s incredible list of participants include the Ferrari 458 Speciale, Porsche 911 GT3, McLaren 650S, BMW M4, Alfa Romeo 4C and more.

Autocar tested the C7 Corvette earlier this year and handed it down some high praise, but how does it stack up against some of Europe’s most hardcore performance cars? Check out the video below to find out.

Read more: C7 Corvette Stingray Compared To Europe's Best: Video | GM Authority

·
Registered
307 Posts
Loved the video. I think it's an incredible accomplishment for a 70-75k C7 to even be mentioned in the same sentence with a 145-150k GT3 or a 300k Ferrari Italia Speciale. Will look forward to next year when Autocar brings the Z06 into the fray. In my mind this is a far more fair comparison... And even the Z06 is a bargain compared to the other cars.

Reactions: 2thdoc and elegant

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'm so tired of watching goons drive cars sideways through corners.
I'd rather see qualified drivers drive and compare the cars. Then the viewer would actually know what the cars are capable of.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You know, while the new C7 is definitely a phenomenal automobile, I've grown weary of a number of comparisons being made with European cars with supercar status worldwide. I believe if they started testing on a level playing field, they'd make they're comparisons using the new Z06. Granted, the Z06 hasn't been available for comparison purposes, but come-on lets get real with all this. It's rather obvious the European's display a bias in favor of cars built across the pond and we probably shouldn't expect to see any fair shakes anytime soon, but I would hope we'll see a bit more objective testing next year, after the Z06 comes on scene. Maybe not..... But we can dream....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Next they'll test a special edition Bugatti Veyron against the Stingray. Our editors were disappointed that the stingray couldn't keep up with the 2.5 million dollar 1000 hp Veyron. ?

Reactions: ericbo

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
I still don't understand how a whiney, open-air go kart finished in the top three.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I still don't understand how a whiney, open-air go kart finished in the top three.
I'd like to know if his wife would enjoy a 3,000 mile journey in one.

Reactions: 007's VET

·
Registered
114 Posts
What do the Brits know any way factor in the price and I bett the Vettte would be a clear winner most of those cars are 3 to 10 times the price!! Great post.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just the fact that many European opinions have been something other than negative is a huge step forward. Even a greater leap forward is the fact that the overwhelming majority of these opinions are extremely positive.

Reactions: DDW
1 - 10 of 10 Posts