Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

If you're having a hard time finding someone to do this with no problem just ordered a clear tail lights from any GM Chevy dealer parts department with this parts number codestingray owners wanting to swap out there red standard tail lights with c7 z06 clear tail light owners and do an even swap

If you're having a hard time finding someone to do this with no problem just order the clear tail lights from any GM Chevy dealer parts department with this parts number codes

23 21 95 35
23 21 95 36. CLEAR TAILLIGHTS

Check out my pics & video above of my YouTube page ( MASTER MARIO )

it is my intention that this helps those ones conflicted loving the tail lights look hopefully this satisfies the palate in achieving what you want which is the look and taste in vehicle that suits y

What do you Guys Think ????

Whats your opinion ???

Reactions: ptran00

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
You asked what we think. I thought long and hard about these lights, and think they look unfinished on my color car, like the stock c7 light more with a tinted lens.

·
Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,698 Posts
I gave it some thought as well, but I think any other color than red would take away from the red, black, and white theme I have going with the car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I like the "pop" of the contrasting color against my yellow.

·
18,670 Posts
Have the clears on my VY Z, and am conflicted, not wanting to change, yet maybe the StingRay ones would look a little better???

Will live with this for a while, see if I stay in limbo or make a decison?

·
Banned
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,698 Posts
Have the clears on my VY Z, and am conflicted, not wanting to change, yet maybe the StingRay ones would look a little better???

Will live with this for a while, see if I stay in limbo or make a decison?
Post pick of stock and mod, let's have a little poll.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Check out my YouTube page as you will see the great red to clear taillights transformation

What do you think?

Will you do it ?

Feel free to comment either on YouTube as well

I think I was the 1st to install these & post them, & I know I was the 1st spread the word with the accurate Z06 Clear taillights G.M. Official Part #‘s......

As this was verified by me being removed from CorvetteForum for trying to help good people like you& me NOT get taken advantage of by overpriced clear tail lights like one vendor on Corvette Forum named Cultrag Performance ( selling them on eBay each pair he gets for $1,200.00 - $2,500.00 )

Not on my watch

Let me know

·
Registered
75 Posts
Man that is sweeeeet :cool: ...looks like a mod I might do...did you have dealer install them

·
Registered
75 Posts
Woah Nice...did the entir rear panel have to be removed?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting observation: At the Detroit Auto Show in January 2014, the ZO6 on display had smoked taillights. Apparently it was a proto and the production car has clear lenses. Perhaps an aftermarket company will offer smoked lenses. IMHO they looked better than the clear.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutely I only let the Chevy Dealers touch my vette.

Yes I ordered them from the Chevy parts dept. (the z06) clear taillights, paid for them in advance s they are special order & kept the old red ones.

Might sell the reds on Ebay ?

Anyway go for it, its Not your trying to be a Z06........... W just like that clear look, most likely always have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know it, but wants you find a good chevy corvette mechanic.....

Not only will it be a breeze but also you'll only feel comfortable with him touching it + it'll go fast.

Drop it off before you go to work, have requested a courtesy car in advance or a ride from courtesy van & you can't have much of a better day after work...

Like it's school on a Friday, or payday Friday & you can leave earlier then everyone else - excitement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The smoke ones your talking about if not these might be the other sets of #'s on my other listed threads

·
Registered
184 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts