Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post. I have a CyberGrey LT3 with chrome aluminum wheels. The coating on the inside of one of the wheels is peeling away. It's an area of about 2" long by 1" wide. The surface underneath is black. Does anyone know what the coating on the inside of the wheel is? Anodizing, paint, whatever. Also, has anyone else experienced this? I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Aikenscvette

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Glen. I'm waiting for a response from the dealer now. I was curious about what the rim coating is.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Interior of the barrel is regular paint. Only the outer section is chrome. Pretty cheesy considering the $2000 up charge.

Like glen said, get it to the dealer before it gets worse so they can order you a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Paint. Never would have guessed. Took it to the dealer and was told they'd check with the area rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a similar issue. I have been cleaning the wheels with Chrome Cleaner and thought it was getting harder to remove the stains. I took it to Adams for the CQUARTZ And to have the wheels sealed but they could not remove the stains. So the car paint and chrome part of the wheels received the detail but the barrels remain stained. Car looks great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts