Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Looks like he was manually shifting since the shifts occurred below redline. I wonder how much different it would shift leaving it in auto and using launch control.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Based on the LT4 HP and TQ curves, nothing to be gained by revving beyond 6100-6200 RPM (other than avoiding a shift in certain scenarios, like when you are nearing the end of a run).

·
Registered
9 Posts
The car was in drive. Some say it could have been the size of the drag radial, or the car having less than a 200 miles on it, causing it to shift so soon.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Another thing may be the trans doesn't go into it's "track" mode until it senses aggressive driving and there's no way to force it into that mode regardless what you have the drive mode set to. This may be yet another thing people will start complaining about in the not too distant future ;)

I only made the observation based on being track videos with the car in auto mode and it shifting at redline with a little overshoot. Could be it's programmed for a different map in a straight line and to Z06's point, redline is past max torque.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What was the other car that was racing with? Even with a bad reaction time, he reached the Z06 at the end.
I would guess a gtr by his 60 feet time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
What was the other car that was racing with? Even with a bad reaction time, he reached the Z06 at the end.
I would guess a gtr by his 60 feet time.
A modded GT-R.

BTW, I was @ the track last night where he ran a 10.7x @ 129.5 & 10.81 @ 131.6(!) on an accidental short-shift. I'm VERY impressed by the A8 & I'm a manual guy...

Reactions: mjw930
1 - 7 of 7 Posts