Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are extensive threads on here about CTEK battery tender (Amazon CTEK Battery Tender), but the CTEK battery tender only supports 110V. I am currently living overseas where they use 220V. Is there any recommended battery tender for 220V that are known to be good to use on C7 Corvette? I know that there are other battery tender options here locally, but I would rather not risk it by using a cheapo. I do not want to mess up my precious Corvette... haha.

Any recommended product(s)? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,666 Posts
I know that there are extensive threads on here about CTEK battery tender (Amazon CTEK Battery Tender), but the CTEK battery tender only supports 110V. I am currently living overseas where they use 220V. Is there any recommended battery tender for 220V that are known to be good to use on C7 Corvette? I know that there are other battery tender options here locally, but I would rather not risk it by using a cheapo. I do not want to mess up my precious Corvette... haha.

See conversation (private message) coming your way.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
182 Posts
Why private message? There are probably others who could benefit from the info....

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Why private message? There are probably others who could benefit from the info....
Why not, that's what it's there for...........My post was meant to tell the recipient that there is a message on the way, some folks (not saying OP) have no idea what the little red dot is on their mini-avatar in the upper right hand corner. It's also.....a private message (conversation here).
If you have to know, the message includes a link that would most likely be foul of the public posting rules here of linking non-vendors.
If the OP has a desire to share with others, that is his prerogative.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
182 Posts
If you have to know, the message includes a link that would most likely be foul of the public posting rules here of linking non-vendors.
If the OP has a desire to share with others, that is his prerogative.
I fully understand how the site works. My query was solely in the interest of propagation of information to all members. IF that's a violation of posting on this forum then I suggest to the forum-masters that be changed. I didn't realize that information being shared was limited to only vendors. Doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Vendors pay a fee to advertise here, when linking a non vendor that sells the same items that the vendors here do, that's a posting violation. My intention was to notify the intended party, that's all, nothing more.
You may need to address your situation to VerticalScope, Inc.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
182 Posts
Gotcha, thanks Norm. I'll take up the discussion with the Gods of the Forum - seems wrong to me but....

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,102 Posts
It’s almost easy understand both sides of the argument and both makes sense but when you have competing priorities IE: Paying Vendor vs. Members helping Members it can be frustrating.

Forum members do a lot of commerce away from this and other forums and have a wealth of information but being helpful can negatively impact a free forum if supporting vendors pullout for the state’s reasons.

If you are giving non-supporting vendors free advertising and referrals then why would a paying vendor want to pay to advertise to support the forum?

The workaround is you send private message/conversation to direct someone to where they can get their answers and problems solved.

The other workaround is you can copy a link and rename it and say you can find it “here” which is acceptable. Then by clicking on the “here” hyperlink it takes the person so where to find product or service being sought and you are not violating listing by name non-supporting vendors.

Renaming hyperlinks is easy peasy on computer but more difficult on phone.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
182 Posts
The workaround is you send private message/conversation to direct someone to where they can get their answers and problems solved.

The other workaround is you can copy a link and rename it and say you can find it “here” which is acceptable. Then by clicking on the “here” hyperlink it takes the person so where to find product or service being sought and you are not violating listing by name non-supporting vendors.
Thanks! Excellent info. Filed away to try and keep my butt outta a sling. :D

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
182 Posts
Past experience is a great teacher, ask me how I know.... had my butt in that same sling, got slapped around and then told to go sin no more on the forum and share my lessons learned. 🤣😂
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Thank you "Master"... (think Kung Foo) ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts

See conversation (private message) coming your way.
Seems like great question and maybe one
that should be directed to Battery Tender
customer service, management as there
should be definite market for them
in Europe, Middle East, etc.....

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
I believe that CTEK actually sells maintainers specifically for the 220 v market. Suggest you check their web site and then see if it is carried on someone like Amazon.

·
Registered
3 Posts

When I was overseas in Korea, I lived in an highrise apartment. All the parking is subterranean and communal. It took me a while to take a chance in leaving my trunk cracked knowing any stranger could’ve walked up to my car and opened the trunk. I put my transformer (220v -> 120v) in my trunk connected to the Ctek and the other end to an extension cord going into the parking garage’s outlet. There was an outlet every 20 feet or so.
My Corvette had no issues. It was either that or buying a new battery. I rather do that than buying a foreign brand battery made for an Hyundai. I returned from deployment so the car was not driven for many months...I had no choice nc my battery was dead.
After 24 hrs, the car started no problem. I used the battery another 3 yrs before buying a new and better battery.
So yes, you can use a transformer!!

chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts