Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 C7 Stingray convertible Z51 3LT Torch Red/black int.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading the brakes on my 2014 Z51:
- New pads
- New rotors
- Repaint calipers & add new decals
- New stainless steel brake lines
My question: are the rear brake lines for the Z51 the same as those for the Base model?
I know that the lines for the front are different for the Z51 vs Base.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am upgrading the brakes on my 2014 Z51:
- New pads
- New rotors
- Repaint calipers & add new decals
- New stainless steel brake lines
My question: are the rear brake lines for the Z51 the same as those for the Base model?
I know that the lines for the front are different for the Z51 vs Base.

elDavo8899: I just upgraded my 2019 Stingray's Rotors, Pads and Stainless Brake Lines and I called the local dealership and gave them my VIN #, which they then sent me a build sheet on my car showing all the necessary parts. Once you receive that you will be good to go when you need to order them. My OEM's were the JL9. Click this link for some more info Corvette Spiegler Brake Lines - Stainless Steel : C7 Stingray, Z51, Z06, Grand Sport Personally I went with DBA T3 4000 Slotted Rotors, Ferodo DS2500 Pads and Speigler Stainless Lines/Hoes - I track my car 2-3 times a year and the OEM's just weren't doing the job I expected...

Good luck,
Steve

·
Registered
2014 C7 Stingray convertible Z51 3LT Torch Red/black int.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
elDavo8899: I just upgraded my 2019 Stingray's Rotors, Pads and Stainless Brake Lines and I called the local dealership and gave them my VIN #, which they then sent me a build sheet on my car showing all the necessary parts. Once you receive that you will be good to go when you need to order them. My OEM's were the JL9. Click this link for some more info Corvette Spiegler Brake Lines - Stainless Steel : C7 Stingray, Z51, Z06, Grand Sport Personally I went with DBA T3 4000 Slotted Rotors, Ferodo DS2500 Pads and Speigler Stainless Lines/Hoes - I track my car 2-3 times a year and the OEM's just weren't doing the job I expected...

Good luck,
Steve
Thanks for the information, Steve. I went with the StopTech Z26 front/rear kit. I haven't purchased the SS lines yet, but I'm leaning toward StopTech.
I saw online somewhere that the rears require four brake lines; have you seen that? Maybe I just didn't look closely enough....
What's your take on the Speed Bleeder vs power bleeder debate?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the information, Steve. I went with the StopTech Z26 front/rear kit. I haven't purchased the SS lines yet, but I'm leaning toward StopTech.
I saw online somewhere that the rears require four brake lines; have you seen that? Maybe I just didn't look closely enough....
What's your take on the Speed Bleeder vs power bleeder debate?
I haven’t heard about having 4 brake lines on the rear of the car - but I have the base model so that might be different then yours. The StopTech brakes are great so good choice. As far as the speed bleeders I’m really unsure about that - I’m sorry !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts