Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been bugging me for months. As shown in the video below, the infotainment screen does not go up when I press the button. For some reason, I have no problem making the screen go down when I press the button, but only have a problem getting it back up. If I put the gear in reverse, it goes back up though.

I already lifted the facia and took a look at the inside and see if any wires are blocking the way. Nope. It has enough clearance. Also, there is nothing in the compartment where it can block the screen from going up.

I have been trying to search on this forum to see if anyone else is having similar issues, but no luck. Maybe I missed it. Any tips to resolve this issue?

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
If you can get the screen to go up when you put it in reverse, then it sounds like the screen and motors to run the screen are okay.

Maybe the "up" part of your button (or the electronics hooked up to that physical button) is where the problem is.

Reactions: kgrant (Kyle)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Just a W A G but how about a reboot of the system. May have to disconnect the battery..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a W A G but how about a reboot of the system. May have to disconnect the battery..
Alreadt tried after a reboot. My car battery recently got drained and I changed the battery, so I am assuming that it had a same effect as disconnecting from the battery. Still no luck..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Any other abnormalities with the system. Does it function correctly in the forward gears? Seems it corrects its self when it transitions to the rear facing camera.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any other abnormalities with the system. Does it function correctly in the forward gears? Seems it corrects its self when it transitions to the rear facing camera.
Everything else in the vehicle is normal and as it should be... I just do not understand whay this issue occurs...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Any correlation to the new battery install? Did it start at that time or was it already acting up?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
These cars can be a real bear when stuff like this occurs due the computer and heavy presence of electronics. May require a visit to the dealer who can see if the computer is throwing off any codes. I had an issue with my soft top where it suddenly stopped functioning 3/4 of the way down . Computer diagnosed a wiring issue requiring a new harness for the top function. During this visit suddenly the electronic door release stopped working . Fortunately the top was 3/4 down making getting out of the car much easier ( I am aware about the release handle but it looks so much cooler getting out with the door closed). I took this opportunity to replace my 5 year old battery and all issues resolved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These cars can be a real bear when stuff like this occurs due the computer and heavy presence of electronics. May require a visit to the dealer who can see if the computer is throwing off any codes. I had an issue with my soft top where it suddenly stopped functioning 3/4 of the way down . Computer diagnosed a wiring issue requiring a new harness for the top function. During this visit suddenly the electronic door release stopped working . Fortunately the top was 3/4 down making getting out of the car much easier ( I am aware about the release handle but it looks so much cooler getting out with the door closed). I took this opportunity to replace my 5 year old battery and all issues resolved.
I would like to but I live in South Korea.. there are no dealers handling this vehicle. Maybe I can visit my mechanic to see if he can help me.

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Apparently there is a sensor that only activates when the screen is going up. If it senses any blockage, it prevents the screen from raising. There is a very small extrusion on the top inside of the screen that interacts with the sensor. My guess is that your screen is slightly out of alignment and triggers the sensor when you try and raise it up using the switch. When you put your car in reverse, it overrides the sensor and presuming there is no physical blockage, the screen raises up.
I'd focus my attention on looking very carefully at the alignment and whether the screen top is truly horizontal/parallel to the screen frame. Also at the top back of the screen to see if there is any damage.

Reactions: Racer_X
1 - 11 of 11 Posts