Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi Str8boss and anyone else who cares to answer. 1st, how did you add the rear view? GoPro or alike? 2nd, I notice that the rear view has much more accurate color rendition compared to the front that appears off color and somewhat foggy. I know that this is really not about the track and the Z51, but it is more about the video of the great track time.

·
18,670 Posts
Great track video. As far as the front view through the PDR, looks like the PDR has not yet gotten its software update. Mine improved greatly, no more greenish cast, once it was updated by my dealer (at no charge).

However, back to the most important thing, it was a great fun video to watch and to listen to. Thank you very much Str8tboss.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nice job out there--any track upgrades?

Regarding the PDR--I've had my car to the dealer twice for the update--it didn't take either time...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Great video(s) thanks for sharing!!! Looks like tons of fun. Is your car stock? Exhaust sounds a little louder which made me wonder what mods you had done. Car sounds great!!

On edit: What's the deal with the huge wing the mustang was running? Sure didn't seem to help him. You passed him like we was in reverse :).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Str8boss and anyone else who cares to answer. 1st, how did you add the rear view? GoPro or alike? 2nd, I notice that the rear view has much more accurate color rendition compared to the front that appears off color and somewhat foggy. I know that this is really not about the track and the Z51, but it is more about the video of the great track time.
Hi - Last time I was at the dealer I wasnt notified of a software update. Not sure what the new update consists of but the gopro 4 is shot in 4k while the PDR is only 720p. I then added them to imovie to finalize. Gopro4 has an "autotune" color setting that suppose to provide the best picture. Glad you enjoyed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great track video. As far as the front view through the PDR, looks like the PDR has not yet gotten its software update. Mine improved greatly, no more greenish cast, once it was updated by my dealer (at no charge).

However, back to the most important thing, it was a great fun video to watch and to listen to. Thank you very much Str8tboss.
Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great video(s) thanks for sharing!!! Looks like tons of fun. Is your car stock? Exhaust sounds a little louder which made me wonder what mods you had done. Car sounds great!!

On edit: What's the deal with the huge wing the mustang was running? Sure didn't seem to help him. You passed him like we was in reverse :).
Only upgrades were brake pads Hawk DTC 70 front and Hawk DTC 60 rear, Forgeline GZ3 wheels with 295 fronts and 315 rears. Otherwise completely stock. As far as the wing on that Boss 302- didnt seem to help him much

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I was aiming for Sebring, but after talking to the guy that runs the track events, he mentioned that lowered vettes would enjoy the smoothness of PBIR much more.
How low is your car? It is a smoother track but its a shorter track, but has a long back straight for speed - thus PBIR likes to eat driver side front tires because you can hit speeds of 150mph + and then have to brake into a hairpin right turn. You'll have fun - I would highly recommend Sebring when you get
a chance too - I am going to try to go end of March with PDG.

·
Registered
521 Posts
How low is your car? It is a smoother track but its a shorter track, but has a long back straight for speed - thus PBIR likes to eat driver side front tires because you can hit speeds of 150mph + and then have to brake into a hairpin right turn. You'll have fun - I would highly recommend Sebring when you get
a chance too - I am going to try to go end of March with PDG.
I lowered all the way on stock bolts, however, the extra weight of the supercharger brought my front end much lower. Shaved at least another inch. I'll definitely check Sebring out. PBIR is a bit of a drive to do too often.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Only upgrades were brake pads Hawk DTC 70 front and Hawk DTC 60 rear, Forgeline GZ3 wheels with 295 fronts and 315 rears. Otherwise completely stock.
Nice job on the tire size--the car screams for more tire--at least the Z51 does if it's tracked/AutoX'd...

What width rims & tire choice?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts