Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is just a "Old Man" who's thoughts might not be worth a "plugged nickel", but to comprehend the NEW C8 will have no "manual transmission" may make all existing Corvettes with a clutch and manual shifter, highly desirable autos. With GM's Lead Engineer "clearly stating" the C8 will never see a M Trans due to "high cost" and "limited numbers" thereby helping keep the Base C8 under $60K.

Not sure about other owners, but the "primary reason" I purchased my Red 17 C7 was, in fact, the M7. Within a month of ownership and installing a MGW Short Throw Shifter, I'm in "glee" every time I slip behind the wheel. There is something "just magical" about pulling rev's through each gear, as there is in "down shifting' with the "Rev Match" activated! Manual Shifting, IMHO, makes the driver "one with the car". That "sensation" of holding ones hand on a "Gear Banging Leaver" just can't be beat! That said, there may be a time in the future where there is a "monetary appreciation" in the residual value of "Stick Vette's.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
We can only hope so Bob! :welcoming:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I doubt it will have much effect. Only about 17% of buyers are choosing the manual now, and I suspect that will be true of people shopping for used ones, too.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just for my .02 . I think the next generations for the most part have no interest in a manual transmission as most don't have any idea how to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission. In some cases it has become an anti theft device for the next generations of thieves who can't be bothered with a car with a "broken automatic transmission" which is what they think they got after they get in to it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts