Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the ride with my next door neighbor to see for ourselves. Liked what I saw, but then again what Corvette has been less than lovely to look at?

Most of the crowd had a positive opinion of the C8. The crowd was also a lot younger, but that’s Chevys target audience for this one. I joked with a few gray haired folks, no chrome wheel options here...bright silver is the best you can do.

A few photos...Kerbeck’s Dave Salvatore got the engine shot...the rest are mine. Check that tag on the door and the enormous rear end the C8 has...

C78CE52C-F33A-4B3C-858B-510F5231BD5F.jpeg A29873F9-691F-4FD8-B38D-7411DEF7E082.jpeg A9BFD0D0-5727-488A-BF6F-4784B67E90CD.jpeg 5A994664-9D58-4220-8550-38C1F9E9A445.jpeg 574F5E20-D242-42C3-B19E-6CBD86891AF7.jpeg 22E27000-568D-4170-8690-2B813050C8F3.jpeg 86CAEFA9-3B32-49BB-8B73-71B6C4C6693E.jpeg A6BDFA75-A7C1-4D23-9BF9-705E42457DF1.jpeg

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
thanks for sharing! Nice shots. Doesn't seem like the crowd was as large as I would have expected.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Friday’s photos definitely looked like there were more people. We thought there would be more, but it was fine. Spoke with a lot of people, most were positive and were looking forward to getting the car. A lot of Z06 drivers who were disappointed there was no manual trans. It’s not like there are a lot of alternatives, they aren’t being made anymore.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Clearly they are targeting the next generation of owners. I love driving my manual still. But when I ask my 16 year old about wanting to learn, he has no interest.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thank for the pictures. These somehow are more revealing to me than any I've seen before. Maybe its the color or the bright natural light but I see much more of the 70's concept cars than I've seen before. And those 3/4 profiles really say "shark" to me. Can't wait to see one in person.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Great pictures, thanks. I like the orange more on the C8 than on the C7, the Ceramic Matrix Gray also looks great (on both).

I drove manuals for decades, but both my C7s have been autos, as is my Camaro. I think the "real sport cars have three pedals" mind set may soon join the same ashbin that hold the "real cars have a spark advance lever on the steering wheel" argument. :>) Crank starters anyone?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Geez, there will be plenty of chrome wheels in the aftermarket. If that's going to keep you from buying what looks to be a fantastic car.....

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I don't know if it was the lighting at the big reveal but I wasn't overly impressed with the styling. The C8 looks much better in these new photos (but I still prefer my C7).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was there Friday and a very strong and enthusiastic crowd. I put in an early deposit and am near the front of the line for delivery from Kerbeck. Hopefully December! I have a red red C7 and love it. But my C8 will be orange. And loaded. Cant wait to put in my order once the price list comes out...hopefully very soo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
...but I wasn't overly impressed with the styling. The C8 looks much better in these new photos (but I still prefer my C7).
I agree 100%. But somehow that's become blasphemous to admit out loud. I'm happy for the brand and I hope the C8 lowers the buyer demo
somewhat, BUT...I bought my '18 GS because I think it's the sexiest sports car I've ever seen and nothing about the C8 changes that.
Absolutely zero buyers remorse here.

·
Administrator
15,025 Posts
Section147 thanks for your comments. As long as posts are respectful, as far as I know, at least on StingrayForums, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and not liking or wanting a C8 is certainly not "blasphemous to admit out loud."

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh no...I certainly didn't mean here! This is the local barbershop for those of us who love all things Corvette.
I've seen online battles in other venues and I've heard some "discussions" at some local car shows lately.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts