Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have purchased or test drove the new C8 can you tell me if the cabin gets noisy or hot during drives whether long distances or high speeds? I am debating on getting one in 2021 or keeping my C& Convertible.

Thanks,
Juan

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Juan - i have heard nothing but good things about the cabin over on the other forum. Quiet and cool. Indeed my C7 gets hot after about an hour or so... but it does tend to max out at some point and the AC does a decent job. The drivetrain tunnel does get warm tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Juan - i have heard nothing but good things about the cabin over on the other forum. Quiet and cool. Indeed my C7 gets hot after about an hour or so... but it does tend to max out at some point and the AC does a decent job. The drivetrain tunnel does get warm tho.
thanks!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looking forward to "trying one on"... curious if getting in and out is any easier, or difficult, for an over six footer... knees get more difficult to bend as you get older...🙂

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looking forward to "trying one on"... curious if getting in and out is any easier, or difficult, for an over six footer... knees get more difficult to bend as you get older...🙂
Im hearing the cab is bigger & overall more comfortable..

·
Registered
391 Posts
Im hearing the cab is bigger & overall more comfortable..
C7 is plenty big enough for me to be comfy for cruising... recently drove twenty hours from FL to WI.
It's that getting in and out past the door hinge point location... that you have to curl up your legs to clear the door... gets nigh impossible if door can't be opened completely... guess I need Lambo doors?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ain't that the truth! I'm 6'3" and 68 years old (but in pretty good shape) and I have gotten better and getting in and out of my 2019. I tend to "fall" into it and if I am somewhere where I can't open the door all the way (like in my garage if I don't angle it in) it's a bit of a struggle. My C-5 was easy peasy getting in and out of. I will have to check out the C-8 and see if it's any easier

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ain't that the truth! I'm 6'3" and 68 years old (but in pretty good shape) and I have gotten better and getting in and out of my 2019. I tend to "fall" into it and if I am somewhere where I can't open the door all the way (like in my garage if I don't angle it in) it's a bit of a struggle. My C-5 was easy peasy getting in and out of. I will have to check out the C-8 and see if it's any easier
One in the same... I'm 73... I try to watch the "falling in" though... my C5 (2003 conv) got that small worn through spot on the left seat back side bolster (where there was a piece of plastic just under the leather)... have not heard of this issue on C7's... yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts