Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the title of this is from an old thread but I wanted to ask others what their local dealer markups are. I’m seeing $20K for coupes and $25-35K for convertibles over MSRP. Dealers aren’t negotiating here in Central Florida. One manager told me he’s comfortable asking $35K over because the used auction market supports it. Never knew there was a correlation between new price markup and auction prices, or maybe there is now. Pretty soon those Ferraris will be cheaper, or maybe that’s part of a bigger plan…

·
Registered
2 Posts
PLEASE STOP PAYING OVER MSRP. When you do they will stop raising the price.Dealerships get their allocations by the number of vetts they sell so if you do not buy them they will not get them. There are many dealers who sell at msrp..So buy from them and if too far away have it shipped...There is really no advantage to buying locally. They still have to service it..You can have it shipped anywhere for a lot less than what they are marking it up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know the title of this is from an old thread but I wanted to ask others what their local dealer markups are. I’m seeing $20K for coupes and $25-35K for convertibles over MSRP. Dealers aren’t negotiating here in Central Florida. One manager told me he’s comfortable asking $35K over because the used auction market supports it. Never knew there was a correlation between new price markup and auction prices, or maybe there is now. Pretty soon those Ferraris will be cheaper, or maybe that’s part of a bigger plan…
On Jan 10th 2022 i got my C8 vert in at MSRP. I ordered it on July 3, 2021 and went to a small local dealer that usually doesn't even order corvettes. I met with the owner who told me he just became a commercial dealership and as a result, GM gave him 10 allocations for the C8 and that he had 5 open. I placed my order with a mandatory 5K deposit and the car came in two weeks late because of the plant fire. The week the fire broke out I was at 3400 with a build date of 12/13/2021 so with the delay, it was on the way 1/6/2022 and delivered on 1/10/2022

·
Administrator
16,940 Posts
Contact one of our vendor dealers Stingray Corvette Forum who sell at MSRP.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Pay MSRP and wait, or pay ADM and get it now. (Or, with some dealers, you have to pay ADM and still wait.)

I see some evidence that the willingness to pay over MSRP is starting to wane, but there seem to be plenty of people who can afford to pay to play now, instead of in 10 to 12 months.

The supply and demand curves still apply in the 21st century.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts