Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think this color looks Awesome and Stunningly Beautiful on the C8...What are your thoughts?

C8 Corvette Looks Surprisingly Good With Bright Fuchsia Vinyl Wrap

For Sandra Hart, though, the factory color palette for the C8 Corvette simply wasn’t going to do it. Hart is a dedicated Corvette enthusiast who recently replaced her bright pink 2014 Corvette Stingray with a 2020 Corvette, which she had wrapped in a very bright fuchsia vinyl wrap. While we realize the pinkish-purple hue won’t be for everyone, we think Hart’s car actually looks really cool – especially with the black Stingray stripe and optional High Wing Rear Spoiler enhancing its appearance.

“Finally, all finished,” Hart wrote in a Facebook comment after her new C8 Corvette was complete. “We ordered the car 478 days ago on July 24, 2019. Had the car wrapped in 3M Hot Gloss Fuchsia. We love the color. Wanted to be different. The car is still black, so when we get tired of it, we can remove the wrap.”

We think Hart’s car looks particularly good with the Sky Cool Grey Napa leather interior as well, which contrasts nicely with the exterior wrap. Hart has her own hang-ups about the light-colored seats, though, and regrets getting them over Black or another color that would be easier to keep clean.

“Need to get seat covers for the Sky cool Gray seats,” she said in another comment posted in October. “They get DIRTY real fast. The guys are going to put ceramic coating on them when they wrap the car next week. But we will get custom seat covers made for the bottom. Does anyone else notice this problem with your gray seats? Big mistake on our part.”

This is a fairly common problem with beige, white and grey-color leather. Dies from clothes, particularly denim, can easily wear off onto the leather and stain it. These seats can also be worse for showing everyday dirt and grime if they are not frequently cleaned.

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen a C8 Corvette covered in a bright-colored vinyl wrap. Back in July, we featured Rick Dyer’s car on the site, which features a multi-colored yellow, blue and pink wrap that is even more over-the-top than Hart’s car. These unique wraps may not be for everyone, but we love to see C8 Corvette owners having fun with their cars. After all, a sports car like the Vette is all about having fun.

2020 Corvette With Fuchsia Wrap Photos

·
Administrator
16,096 Posts
I think it looks very nice and appropriate- and surprisingly unlike a C8 and more exotic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think this color looks Awesome and Stunningly Beautiful on the C8...What are your thoughts?

C8 Corvette Looks Surprisingly Good With Bright Fuchsia Vinyl Wrap

For Sandra Hart, though, the factory color palette for the C8 Corvette simply wasn’t going to do it. Hart is a dedicated Corvette enthusiast who recently replaced her bright pink 2014 Corvette Stingray with a 2020 Corvette, which she had wrapped in a very bright fuchsia vinyl wrap. While we realize the pinkish-purple hue won’t be for everyone, we think Hart’s car actually looks really cool – especially with the black Stingray stripe and optional High Wing Rear Spoiler enhancing its appearance.

“Finally, all finished,” Hart wrote in a Facebook comment after her new C8 Corvette was complete. “We ordered the car 478 days ago on July 24, 2019. Had the car wrapped in 3M Hot Gloss Fuchsia. We love the color. Wanted to be different. The car is still black, so when we get tired of it, we can remove the wrap.”

We think Hart’s car looks particularly good with the Sky Cool Grey Napa leather interior as well, which contrasts nicely with the exterior wrap. Hart has her own hang-ups about the light-colored seats, though, and regrets getting them over Black or another color that would be easier to keep clean.

“Need to get seat covers for the Sky cool Gray seats,” she said in another comment posted in October. “They get DIRTY real fast. The guys are going to put ceramic coating on them when they wrap the car next week. But we will get custom seat covers made for the bottom. Does anyone else notice this problem with your gray seats? Big mistake on our part.”

This is a fairly common problem with beige, white and grey-color leather. Dies from clothes, particularly denim, can easily wear off onto the leather and stain it. These seats can also be worse for showing everyday dirt and grime if they are not frequently cleaned.

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen a C8 Corvette covered in a bright-colored vinyl wrap. Back in July, we featured Rick Dyer’s car on the site, which features a multi-colored yellow, blue and pink wrap that is even more over-the-top than Hart’s car. These unique wraps may not be for everyone, but we love to see C8 Corvette owners having fun with their cars. After all, a sports car like the Vette is all about having fun.

2020 Corvette With Fuchsia Wrap Photos

View attachment 278673 View attachment 278674 View attachment 278675 View attachment 278676 View attachment 278677

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think all our Corvettes are special cars and can benefit from special colors. While Fuschia might not be for me it certainly stands out and will always attract crowds. And most importantly, the owner loves it. I always loved Black Rose Metallic (or the later Dark Purple Metallic) on the C4 ZR-1s and Black Rose on the 2017 C7s (almost makes me wish I had waited a year). Sorry they discontinued that color. Personally I find the current colors available on the C8 to be too bland without enough darker colors (not black or gray), especially since they have now discontinued Long Beach Red. Maybe if I wait a few years GM will improve the colors for me.--Bob

Reactions: kgrant (Kyle)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts