Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C7 owner investigating C8.

The front suspension lift that is offered as an option. Is it necessary in daily life?
Yes I know a steep incline is the reason for it but have those that have it really used it that often?
Is it one of those options that you are SURE glad you got or now you don't see the need of it?

My miss on my C7 was that I didn't get the MagnaRide option. Wish I had now.
So should I absolutely get the lift option on a C8?
Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Although it's not as important as the mag ride,
here in South Florida we have some steep rain gutters that can cause scraping.
I'm glad I got the front end lift.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

The front suspension lift that is offered as an option. Is it necessary in daily life?
Yes I know a steep incline is the reason for it but have those that have it really used it that often?
Is it one of those options that you are SURE glad you got or now you don't see the need of it?

Thanks.
It all will depend on where you live and drive.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I never had a problem with my C7 (lowered all the way on the stock bolts), so I passed on the lift. And yes, it will depend on the conditions where you live.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Porsche 911 has about the same front clearance and I am just careful to avoid obstructions, the caveat is it does scrape occasionally, but I wanted to keep my options open to change the front suspension later, which I understand you can’t do if you have the lift.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got it. I'm one of those that options a vehicle pretty heavy but I have used it. I have a close friend that has a steep incline on his drive. My c7 ALWAYS scraped the road in and out. Even approaching in an angle.
I also use it driving onto my 4 post lift. In the end Im glad I got it but no I don't use it much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am waiting on getting into a HTC before I decide on a C8. The one thing I do not question is getting the lift!

I made a wrong turn and had to find my way back on a through neighborhood street. The street was kind of hilly and at the bottom of one of the hills was a deep rain gutter. I scraped it pretty hard. It was followed by a second one, which I slowed down for. If I had the lift it would immediately go into the GPS. I was lucky, all I got was a small scrape on the bottom.

I would consider it a bargain to get the piece of mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am waiting on getting into a HTC before I decide on a C8. The one thing I do not question is getting the lift!

I made a wrong turn and had to find my way back on a through neighborhood street. The street was kind of hilly and at the bottom of one of the hills was a deep rain gutter. I scraped it pretty hard. It was followed by a second one, which I slowed down for. If I had the lift it would immediately go into the GPS. I was lucky, all I got was a small scrape on the bottom.

I would consider it a bargain to get the piece of mind.
I got the lift on my C8 as my C5 used to scrape on everything and my driveway is quiet steep. Now while the wife’s ES350 scrapes the drive...the C8 doesn’t.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts

Thanks.
I have over 4000 miles on my 2020 C8 and have never ever had the need to use the lift, Knows maybe someday I’ll be glad I have it but haven’t used it yet. Keep in mind that the overhang on the front of the car is very short so the need for a lift seems minimal compared to my 2014 C7 Which does scrape occasionally.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Thanks.
YES!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts