Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to height & garage floor thickness constraints I'm limited to a only using a scissor lift. Does anyone know of a brand / model number of a home scissor lift that works safely with mid engine vehicles / C8's?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Quick Jacks are used by a lot of folks. But if you would rather have a four post lift, I am curious what is it about your floor thickness that limits you? I use an older Direct Lift Pro Park 8S on my regular concrete floor (probably 3" to 4" thick) with no problem. It does not bolt into the floor, just sits on it on roughly 11" x 11" feet. Also, my garage is 21' x 21' with a ceiling height of about 10' near the overhead door and about 9'-9" near the front. I keep the lift fairly close to the overhead door and it works fine for a 4' tall car and a 5' tall car. But if you have less than 10' I understand. --Bob

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick Jacks are used by a lot of folks. But if you would rather have a four post lift, I am curious what is it about your floor thickness that limits you? I use an older Direct Lift Pro Park 8S on my regular concrete floor (probably 3" to 4" thick) with no problem. It does not bolt into the floor, just sits on it on roughly 11" x 11" feet. Also, my garage is 21' x 21' with a ceiling height of about 10' near the overhead door and about 9'-9" near the front. I keep the lift fairly close to the overhead door and it works fine for a 4' tall car and a 5' tall car. But if you have less than 10' I understand. --Bob
My floor is 6" thick concrete. I should of explained it better that I was told that was not thick enough for a "2 Post Lift".
I like the 4 Post Lifts but I have ceiling suspended storage racks that would interfere with 4 Post lift. Thank you for responding

·
Premium Member
2022 Z51 Silver Flare Metallic 3LT Lift Mag Ride
19 Posts
Due to height & garage floor thickness constraints I'm limited to a only using a scissor lift. Does anyone know of a brand / model number of a home scissor lift that works safely with mid engine vehicles / C8's?
I use the Quick Jack Model 5000 with extensions for the C8. I used the 5000 without extensions to lift my F430 many times.

C8 with extensions
Bumper Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Plenty of room under C8

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

They also easily lift the GMC Envoy at right.

Ground clearance under C8 before lift.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

C8 at full lift with extensions
Bumper Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

F430 without extensions
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Plenty of room to slide the length of the car
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

I will probably sell these since I purchased the extended warranty and the "They service everything" plan so I won't need to work on this myself

Ray

·
Administrator
17,102 Posts
Welcome to our forum Ray. Great looking C8 and fantastic looking Ferrari F430 (y)

·
Premium Member
2022 Z51 Silver Flare Metallic 3LT Lift Mag Ride
19 Posts
Welcome to our forum Ray. Great looking C8 and fantastic looking Ferrari F430 (y)
Thank you.

The F430 is a 2007 MY. The C8 is light years ahead of it in terms of features and has the same power AND a DCT!. Like all Ferraris, the F430 suffers from parasitic drain on the battery. Fly-by-wire cars are constantly monitoring systems even when the car is off so a CTEK charger is a must. Otherwise, a brand new perfectly functioning battery can go dead with trickle charging. The C8 suffers similarly.

In my F430 I replaced the lead-acid battery with an Anti-gravity Li-Ion battery (requires a special CTEK charger). Saved 36 pounds as a result. Also has an emergency start feature accessible via a remote. I may do the same with the C8.

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts