Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
15,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was covering the pre-auction preview today, a C8 showed up! It is VIN 00001, a pre-production model part of the testing fleet. Needless to say I took a picture or two:

View attachment JwDaum (1 of 32).JPG

Much more to come later. ?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Beautiful. Looks great in white as the C7 did.
Yes I'm biased.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: jsvette

·
Administrator
15,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
15,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barrett-Jackson just announced this C8 will be auctioned! "Barrett-Jackson to Auction First Production 2020 Corvette Stingray, VIN 001, for Detroit Children’s Fund During 49th Annual Scottsdale Auction"
?

Reactions: TxDoc

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
It might be another addition to the Rick Hendrick collection.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
OK Jeff, I know you're a golfer. Will two golf bags actually fit in the rear compartment as advertised?

·
Administrator
15,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OK Jeff, I know you're a golfer. Will two golf bags actually fit in the rear compartment as advertised?
Good question :cool: The way I would normally check that out is to show up with two normal sized cart bags and regular length drivers, and actually see. Since I have not had the opportunity to do that yet I tried to estimate when I examined the C8 trunk in person. My answer based on that is maybe. It would be tight, IMO, for two normal cart bags loaded with clubs and the drivers. I think you could definitely get two smaller carry golf bags in, but again, not sure about the driver clearance. There is not a lot of 'wiggle' room. The brackets for securing the removable roof panel intrude into the upper section usable space.
And, unlike the C7, you could not store any golf bags in the trunk if you stored the roof panel there.

Also, this C8 had no raised wing or deflector (just like the non-Z51 C7). If it were mine and I intended to load golf bags, I would add a lip/body protector that secured inside trunk and flipped out when you loaded in the clubs (again, similar to what some of us have on the C7). However, if you had a wing I think it would be a challenge to lift the clubs up over the wing and lower them into the deep narrow trunk.

Time will tell :giggle:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The RW&B racing decal looks especially nice on the white corvettes. Chevy has always done a real nice job w/ their decals.

RWB racing stripe2.PNG
RWB racing stripe.PNG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts