Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
16,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This section is for you to post modifications (large or small) that you have done, or had done to make your C8 just the way you want! :cool:

·
Administrator
16,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to our forum Jet driver and congrats on your C8! Nicely done mods. Did you use engine/heat resistant paint?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to our forum Jet driver and congrats on your C8! Nicely done mods. Did you use engine/heat resistant paint?
Yes, the paint is Duplicolor anodized red over their ground coat, with two clear coats on top. Closest I could find to the edge red on the original valve covers. It actually looks closer in color under natural light than the photo indicates. They advertise up to 500 degrees F, resistance. They also make a paint designed for plastic, under hood applications, but it is only 200F resistant. Even though this is not designed for plastics particularly, it bonded well to the cover. The letters are automotive vinyl I got off of an ebay vendor.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Yes, the paint is Duplicolor anodized red over their ground coat, with two clear coats on top. Closest I could find to the edge red on the original valve covers. It actually looks closer in color under natural light than the photo indicates. They advertise up to 500 degrees F, resistance. They also make a paint designed for plastic, under hood applications, but it is only 200F resistant. Even though this is not designed for plastics particularly, it bonded well to the cover. The letters are automotive vinyl I got off of an ebay vendor.
You did a great job. I hadn't even noticed a difference in color until after you pointed it out. Don't mention that to people, and they will never notice.

Reactions: Jet driver

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did you get the decals?
ebay, put C8 decals in the search engine and many will pop up. This particular seller is mxkid23. He does custom work too. He was able to flip this image so it was the same orientation on both sides. You just need to contact him and tell him what you want to do. Easy guy to work with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts