1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
15,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
163 Posts
After viewing the base pricing and then adding up the options most of us would want, the pricing is way over what the market will bear. Seems like GM elevated pricing on the options list for certain items and lowered on some as well. Overall a Z51 will cost about 85-90K given the most popular options. Not having any numbers on the Grand Sport or Z06 packages, this car will clearly break 6 digits on a Grand Sport and about 125 on a Z06. All that hoopla about this car being under 60k is b.s.. The destination and dealer prep charges will be another 2K on top of the $59,995 they advertise. If the target market for this car is today's youth, GM can forget about it. The over 50 crowd for the most part will be the largest target market because they have the funds to make this purchase. There may very well be lots of demand initially for this car, it just will never hold up on the long run. For now, there are discounts up to 15k on a C7 and ultimately, many will take advantage of the deep discounts and low interest rates before spending 85-90k on a car that may be plagued with problems.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Loving my C7 Z51 3LT even more after seeing the pricing. Specing out what I have now puts it about $10k over the sticker from my C7 that was in the mid $80k. The deal I got makes me smile even more. I can wait.

Kevin is right. GM going after the younger market, unless they all just go base LT1 with no major options may be what they have in mind.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can get a 1LT with Z51 and MRC for under 68k that’s a lot of car for that price. I’m an old guy and my loaded 3LT with out the Z51/MRC is under 78K with NPP still a fantastic bargain and 1/2 the cost of its closest mid-engine competitors. I was at the dealer this am and saw a 19 GS Z51 was just under 81k MSRP.
It’s all about perspective. GM will sell a lot of these C8 and at MSRP for awhile imho ymmv. It’s about 16% more then my 14 3LT sticker
I think the C8 is a fantastic value at least for me.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
When GM says they're aiming for a younger market, they're not talking about teenagers and college students. They're talking about middle-aged, upper-middle-class professionals (as opposed to retirees and near-retirees).

So, compare what you get from a C8 to a similarly priced Porsche Cayman or Boxster or BMW M-car. In terms of value, the C8 is a home run.

·
Administrator
15,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When GM says they're aiming for a younger market, they're not talking about teenagers and college students. They're talking about middle-aged, upper-middle-class professionals (as opposed to retirees and near-retirees).

So, compare what you get from a C8 to a similarly priced Porsche Cayman or Boxster or BMW M-car. In terms of value, the C8 is a home run.
Well stated! :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
3 Posts
After viewing the base pricing and then adding up the options most of us would want, the pricing is way over what the market will bear. Seems like GM elevated pricing on the options list for certain items and lowered on some as well. Overall a Z51 will cost about 85-90K given the most popular options. Not having any numbers on the Grand Sport or Z06 packages, this car will clearly break 6 digits on a Grand Sport and about 125 on a Z06. All that hoopla about this car being under 60k is b.s.. The destination and dealer prep charges will be another 2K on top of the $59,995 they advertise. If the target market for this car is today's youth, GM can forget about it. The over 50 crowd for the most part will be the largest target market because they have the funds to make this purchase. There may very well be lots of demand initially for this car, it just will never hold up on the long run. For now, there are discounts up to 15k on a C7 and ultimately, many will take advantage of the deep discounts and low interest rates before spending 85-90k on a car that may be plagued with problems.
I AGREE WITH KEVIN, because they do say one thing and it nothing but blowing Smoke. The dealership are in the business of making Money by any means when new vehicles inter the market. I say take advantage of the discount on the C7 while you can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Say RoninX is right, but the guys I know in that class of people lease most of the BMW, Porches and other high end cars. The reason for that is they are saving their money to pay cash for a hundred thousand dollar car for their retirement age. They are retiring at an early age these days. GM do their homework on the market to see who is buying their cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts