Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Just left my C8 2LT Coupe at detail shop to place radar detector. I had an option of attaching underneath rear view mirror or suction cup on glass.I have had previous vettes mounted on rear view mirror and that’s what I wanted. The detail shop called me asking if I the car was 1,2, or 3LT because he only had attachment bracket for 1Lt and 3LT.I didn’t know there was a difference in front glass on 1,2,,3LT coupe. The mirror could be between 1Lt and 2,3LT. Any feedback would help if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
2014 C7 Z51 LT3 Convertible
24 Posts
Question: Just left my C8 2LT Coupe at detail shop to place radar detector. I had an option of attaching underneath rear view mirror or suction cup on glass.I have had previous vettes mounted on rear view mirror and that’s what I wanted. The detail shop called me asking if I the car was 1,2, or 3LT because he only had attachment bracket for 1Lt and 3LT.I didn’t know there was a difference in front glass on 1,2,,3LT coupe. The mirror could be between 1Lt and 2,3LT. Any feedback would help if it makes any difference.
Why use a Radar Detector if you could use Waze on your smart phone and connect your smart phone to you Infotainment system? With Waze you always know at least 1/2 a mile ahead of time if smoky the bear is lurking the the bushes someplace. By the time your radar detector gives you an alert you are laready toast!

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,695 Posts
I agree with you and I also think both working together is the perfect combination. Also, if there isn’t a highly traveled road or late night travel then you might not get the support of the WAZE users out there so the radar still is a huge hedge of protection.

Why use a Radar Detector if you could use Waze on your smart phone and connect your smart phone to you Infotainment system? With Waze you always know at least 1/2 a mile ahead of time if smoky the bear is lurking the the bushes someplace. By the time your radar detector gives you an alert you are laready toast!

·
Registered
24 Posts
G
I agree with you and I also think both working together is the perfect combination. Also, if there isn’t a highly traveled road or late night travel then you might not get the support of the WAZE users out there so the radar still is a huge hedge of protection.
Good points Kyle. However in VA along with several other States, radar detectors are illegal. Even when powered off and being pulled over for possible speeding, you will be sighted for that infraction plus a fine for having a radar detector. As far as night driving on country roads, this time of the year, it’s definitely not a good idea, unless you don’t mind having an unscheduled meeting with the wild. Just saying and happy motoring.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[table]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/table]
Can you explain “Waze” and how to get it?
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
[table]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/table]

Can you explain “Waze” and how to get it?
Thanks
Download App to your smartphone. Works just like google map but with additional features including where the police might be located. Input into the mapping system is provided by other drivers with Waze, and there plenty of them out there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Out in the desert of California, Arizona, Utah etc, relying on just Waze is a sure ticket waiting to happen. You need traffic volume to be effective so other Wazers can alert you of any LEO’s In the area. Out in the desert its you and the man and his radar. My detector has saved me many times and will continue to do so.
As mentioned above, Waze works great with the RD in town or in the country. Not so much in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Because sometimes, there aren't any other Waze users where you are... And yes in some instances, it's too late when the V1 goes off. But it's really rare. Most Barnie Fifes sit there with the thing on, with the alert set for 15 mph over the limit, while they are sexting their girlfriend. Then they're you faster than Eddie Haskill would be on June Cleaver. (given half a chance). So you have a lot of warning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts