Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My convertible order has been changed to 2021. I have a 2019 convertible that is Long Beach Red Metallic. It is basically maroon. Is there any insight into the new Red Mist Tintcoat that might assure me that it will look RED? I saw a picture from Car and Driver that intrigues me but I am paranoid that it will not look as I might expect. My fallback would be Torch Red but I have plenty of time to investigate. Ideas, resources, etc.
Stingray 2019 (2).JPG

Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
That is a Beautiful Color - WOW... I just don't get GM's Wheel Designs Ugh, those wheels do that car NO JUSTICE...Almost Criminal....

They should let the top aftermarket wheel designers create/design wheels and enter them in a competition to outfit the new corvettes as GM generally don't do a great job with wheel design choices.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone sees this in person over the next couple of months I would appreciate an analysis and picture!

Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
If anyone sees this in person over the next couple of months I would appreciate an analysis and picture!
Contact Bob (meyerweb here), he'd be glad to fill you in.

Administrator
I thought this was going to be a new color for 2021

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe Bob's order is for a 2021 Vert.

Reactions: TNSQUIRE

Registered
Not sure how to contact him. Is there a method on this forum?
Yes, go to your small avatar pic in the upper right corner, click that, you'll get a drop down, click conversation, start your message. (formally like a pm (private message). To box use meyerweb

Registered
Just to avoid confusion, I haven't yet ordered. I have a deposit in with Mike Furman at Criswell, and shooting for delivery next spring. Still want to see the paint in person before ordering, but if it's close to the render above I'm sold.

Registered
Have to agree. A stunning color based on the pic.

Registered
Mike sent me an email this week. He said that he's going to call me between the 1st and 10th of August to place my order for my 2021. (my order for the April allocation wasn't accepted...) Yep, I'll be ordering Mist red, 3lt, HTC, MRC, performance exhaust, edge red calipers, jet black w red stitching suede, with the gray trident wheels. I'm still on the fence about the Z51... (I mean it's only about $3600 more... and you get the ride height adjustments and the elsd, and cooling, and gearing.. but you have to get the ugly wing...)

I'm glad that you aren't required to get Z51 to get MRC, so it's a no brainer option...

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I have had my deposit down since early this year, but also did not make their last allocation. I am hopeful I will be in the first group when the 2021 opens up in a few weeks. So I doubt that I will have a chance to see the color. I also asked them about the info I saw that states that there will be no convertibles built until January. Here is the response from McMulkin.

GM hasn't told us anything like that, so I don't believe this is true, but it certainly would be bad news.

Still internally debating whether to take the risk on the color. By the way, I like the wing on the Z51, but not the big one you can order separately.

Registered
I've heard a few say if you take the targa off the coupe it's almost like the convertible.........:unsure:

Registered
Norm isn't exactly all wrong. "Roof Open" area is almost the same... barring the back window. However the nacelles give the car a different look, and of course no open engine compartment.

Registered
Certainly not the "convertible " appearance most from a certain generation associate with. Ive owned many automobiles with T Tops. Sun roofs, Targa Tops and none of them compare to my C7 Vert. Both in appearance of the vehicle and the driving experience. Not making a judgement one way or the other and i certainly regard the C8 as a very good automobile in whatever configuration floats your boat.
As others have said in its present configuration id rather have the mid engine view of the motor in the coupe tather than the new version of a convertible.
And that color is just stunning. Looking forward to seeing it with the grey wheels etc.
JMO

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
You can't beat pushing that button to get the top down! Convertible for me always...

Registered
As an added bonus, you don't lose any storage space with the vert. In my C7 coupe, I can't take the top off because my golf bats are back there. And... I'm assuming that the coupe with the top off, is going to be a lot like the C7 with wind buffeting. Verts are just usually better..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts