Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m fairly certain no one will have the answer to this yet, but is there any knowledgeable person out there who knows what the fitment/offset will be for the C8, both Z51 and non-Z51. Speculation will not be helpful. I’m trying to get the actual data.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
The only thing I've seen is that the lugs are larger diameter than on the C7, so wheels designed for the C7 definitely won't work. Otherwise, GM hasn't released any detailed specs yet.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
From the mid engine corvette forum:

B) The lug bolt size has increased from the C7’s 12MMX1.25MM to 14X1.5MM (as we expected since the Camaro ZL1 1LE did). As a consequence, the C8’s wheel holes that surround the lug nuts, had to have their inside-diameter be increased. [At its test facilities and at BGA, GM uses heavy duty torque impact wrench’s with thick-wall sockets, so we will be fine removing the C8’s wheels.
I think most of their cars are probably 12mm, not 14. My C7 is definitely 12x1.25.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, that would be great to know. It took me forever to find wheels for my C7 Z51 so I could finally mount larger tires for the track.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meyer web, that’s a good find. It would be interesting to know GMs reasoning on that increase in bolt diameter.

·
Registered
836 Posts
In light of all the C7 cracked and bent wheels, any idea whether GM went to forged wheels or otherwise notably stronger wheels? --Bob

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Meyer web, that’s a good find. It would be interesting to know GMs reasoning on that increase in bolt diameter.
My guess is that because the rear weight bias of the ME allows the car to put much more torque to the ground without wheelspin, GM felt the 12mm lugs were a potential weak spot, especially with future higher horsepower variants on the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts