Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make no mistake, I love my car, but the brake dust that is created is really hard to care for. I got my wheels coated (the dirt will just wash off!) but it doesn't. Getting the wheels clean takes 1/2 of my clean up time.

Also, when i clean, by the time I am done, the rotors have a fine coat of rust on them. It comes right off with some light breaking, but then again I have to clean the wheels Again.

Any thoughts on how to mange this?

Thanks

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
It sounds like you have a Z51 or GS. A number of members have switched out the OEM pads for virtually dustless ones. There are a number of related threads you can find through our search function. For example Search results for query: changing brake pads

·
Registered
15 Posts
Make no mistake, I love my car, but the brake dust that is created is really hard to care for. I got my wheels coated (the dirt will just wash off!) but it doesn't. Getting the wheels clean takes 1/2 of my clean up time.

Also, when i clean, by the time I am done, the rotors have a fine coat of rust on them. It comes right off with some light breaking, but then again I have to clean the wheels Again.

Any thoughts on how to mange this?

Thanks
I would recommend swapping out the OEM pades with a set of Powerstop Z26 brake pads. You'll be happy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The rust is normal when they get wet during a wash. I just drive around the block, lightly breaking at the end of my car wash, then wipe the wheels down one final time with a ceramic spray to remove any rust coating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts