Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I thought this link would show owners if there are any updates available for their cars. Based on Mark's comments below that might not be the case. Check it out and see what it says about what is loaded on your car.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I found that site a week or so ago. I believe it retrieves the calibrations registered to our VIN so it's more to validate something has been loaded than identifying something that needs to be loaded. For example, if you find a TSB that calls for the upload of a part number / CVN then you can go here to see if your car already has it loaded or to confirm the dealer actually loaded it when they said they did. Obviously this requires the dealer's system to be connected and report back to the corporate system to record the info and I don't know if that's done in real time or via a batch transaction from the dealers.

I believe it's the same system used by the service writers when they look up to see if your car needs an update so it's possible it may identify a calibration that's needed but not installed. I guess you would have to check the site after a new CVN was released to see if it shows as a red item or is otherwise identified as a needed update.

There was one other confusing part. When I selected HVAC it showed 2 optional CVN's along with the option to check one or the other. I now wonder if this is an accurate representation of what's loaded on my vehicle of just a list of calibrations that MAY be loaded and it's used on conjunction with the java program referenced in the top right to actually read your vehicle's config.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
BTW, I was using the VIN from my 2014 Silverado, I'm not lucky enough to have a C7 in the garage yet :)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone check this link and punch in your VIN so we can see if this is a worthwhile site for Vette owners.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
I did it yesterday with RedHot's vin. I did not spend a lot of time on it since once you put in the vin, you have to choose the area you want to check on. You can not get all the relevant info on your car at once- unless I did it incorrectly which is certainly a possibility. I did a couple and it came up with some updates that might have been done, next time at the dealer I'll check. :cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just plugged a VIN into this site and brought up all kinds of info. I don't have a clue what it means as there were no TSB's indicated, but there were lots of updates indicated as being completed on the vehicle I used, which is sitting in a dealers lot. This might be a very useful tool to check out your cars status in regards to programming updates and perhaps other info. Try it and see what you find.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Put my VIN in 4x got invalid VIN each time... WTF
Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Is it possible that you have miss-entered a number for a letter or visa versa:
2014 VIN Decoding:
This is an example of a VIN # for a 2014 Corvette Coupe (3LT, Z51, MN7):
1 G 1 Y D 2 D 7 6 E 5 1 0 3 4 7 0
There are 17 characters. Starting with first character on left the codes are:
01. "1"= Built in US
02. "G"= General Motors
03. "1"= Chevrolet
04. Denotes the car line: Corvette is a "Y" body.
05. Provides more info about the car:
.. D=2LT A/T
06. Body style: "2" = Coupe,
07. Restraint code: D – AJ7 Active Manual Belts, Airbags – Driver & Passenger and Seat Side
08. Engine: LT1 = "7"
09. Check Digit – 0 to 9 or X
10. Model year: E (2014)
11. Plant: Bowling Green = "5"
12-17. Production sequence number that starts with the #100001 for each model yr.

Reactions: U.S. Marine
1 - 12 of 12 Posts