Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, do not have an answer for your question, but was wondering if you are the same Racer57 I have seen over on the GL1800Riders forum?

Reactions: Racer57

·
Registered
11 Posts
All the ones I've seen have that cheesy look. It doesn't help that they all seem to have those fake rivets. I think you'd be much happier spending an afternoon painting your existing calipers. I did that on my C6 and was real happy with the result.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
What bobeast said. They all look like what they are: an attempt to fake painted calipers. I think there's a good chance they'll trap heat, too, which is never a good thing for brakes.

Check out the G2 caliper paint system. Lots of color choices (including custom matching your car's paint if you want), and pretty easy to apply. There are lots of videos online showing the process.

Reactions: autoxal

·
Registered
2015 Z51 7M
225 Posts
I agree with others that they are obviously covers at first look and nothing close to the appearance of real painted calipers. These were removed from the car and professionally painted and clear coated.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: Racer57

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Let's keep responses constructive and/or at least friendly (y)

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Doesn't a Z51 come with painted calipers?
All Corvettes come with factory caliper bodies. However, there has always been an option to pay extra for a different color than the default at time of order. Individuals may prefer an alternative color to the existing caliper color and have the option of doing it themselves, having it powder coated or professionally painted, or ordering 'caps' that vary in quality and appearance.

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Not quite correct.... the caliper bodies are painted from the factory and avilable in different colors. Covers, are not used.
Thanks for correcting that. I'll edit my post to reflect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.